Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

dp-tuner Gauges

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
1highStroke
New User
1highStroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
dp-tuner Gauges

Hey Guys,
Planning on getting a dp chip in the near future and was just wanting some input on what digital gauges would work with the chip or are piller gauges a better bet.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
With a chip you can use pretty much any gauge. Digital gauges have more features, but aren't as easy to read on the fly as pillar gauges.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
1highStroke
New User
thanks man

Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
I have fond that also with digital gauges with the readings that it gets from the OBDII port have been cooler readings that what I have seen when I switched out to analog gauges. Specifically the tranny temp with the outlook monitor, I have noticed a 30-40 degree differance in the temp reading with the identical travel path and ambiant temp being off by no more then 2 degrees(which I would consider that neglible, but to some maybe not). Based on that experiance I would say analog gauges because you can determine where the probes are without having to depend on where the auto maker put the probes and with the digital OBD-II gauges the only one that you can choose the location is the egt.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
1highStroke
New User
i am leaning more towards analog. thanks for the input.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.