6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Viberation when ideling and power loss

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Boston James
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viberation when ideling and power loss

On my way home from work today I started to notice the truck had i viberation when I was sitting at a light or stop sign, then I could feel loss of power and some surging, If I stepped on it seemed to clear itself. Then parked in the driveway it seemed to be idling a little rough, but the rpms on the gauge seemed to be steady. Is this the symtoms of bad injectors or something else?
At the moment I don't have a code reader here but I guess iI might have to get one.
Any ideas or where to start would be great.

Thanks Kevin

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
3000 FPS
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could be a bad injector but the dealer would have to do a balance check to find out for sure. Sometimes if the injector is not missing real bad it causes alittle vibration or miss at idle and will not set a DTC. That is where the cylinder balance check comes in to find which injector it is. If you do have a DTC showing on the dash it will at least point to a direction of what is wrong. If you get a reader make sure it is can bus. I found one on ebay pretty cheap and does the job.