Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

A "DAM" Fine Picnic III !

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I have to stay low key. If tried to slam you every time, I would leave myself open. Which I'm sure will happen. I'm just putting off the inevitable as long as possible. If I get you , or vice versa doesn't matter. It's just good entertainment, plus I know storm can take it.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RubberDuck
I have to stay low key. If tried to slam you every time, I would leave myself open. Which I'm sure will happen. I'm just putting off the inevitable as long as possible. If I get you , or vice versa doesn't matter. It's just good entertainment, plus I know storm can take it.
HHaha.. Yeah.. I let you win on here.. Becuase in person I'm twice your size.. I know you get scared LMAO!

It's all good.. Only you can slam me Cody

Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Storm
HHaha.. Yeah.. I let you win on here.. Becuase in person I'm twice your size.. I know you get scared LMAO!

Storm, I didn't know you were like that...I'm not parking next to you this time...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Storm
Postmaster
LMAO! This time I'mma just run you over ROFL

Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
You'd like that, wouldn't you...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

I knew someone would close the door on that one.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
lakerats
Senior User
In about a week I hope to have the picnic website (www.fte-centex.org) updated to reflect the upcoming "Brown Bag" get-together on the 16th of February. As most of you know - it's a low-key affair just to renew and make friendships. I hope to see you there.

I also plan to have a teaser or two about what we have planned for the "DAM" Fine Picnic IV in October. Some hints: One or two charities will be involved and a map, stopwatch and calculator may be helpful. Once again...Bragging rights will be on the line! That's all I'll say for now as much is still in work - but I think you'll have fun! As always, it'll be a family affair!

The question is.......how brave are you?

Stay tuned and keep the shiny side up!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
A. Michael Foxtrot
Elder User
Originally Posted by Storm
yeah, that's just all sorts of wrong.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
lakerats
Senior User
Only 16 days to go until our next Centex get-together at the Mansfield Dam Park!

No need to RSVP although it would be nice to know if you will try to be there. 2 or 20...it's gonna happen!

One bit of sad news to report: I won't have my truck with me this time because it'll be in Randy's shop for some much-needed TLC repairs, e.g. brake job, turbo rebuild, new up-pipes, glow plugs and harnesses, etc. GAWD!!! I'm gonna miss my baby! Hopefully, it'll be finished by the time I get back from Guam.

Other sad news: due to my upcoming travel schedule, I won't have time to administer any awards like we had last year at this time. So....instead...we'll just have a dull, boring, lifeless, lackluster, and generally uneventful brown bag social between 10 and 2 to renew old friendships and maybe make some new ones. If we're lucky, Storm and TNT will show up and we can laugh at their trucks!

Anyway....don't forget about the Spring '08 Picnic, a.k.a. A "DAM" Fine Picnic III on Saturday, February 16th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm!

See 'ya there!

Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
huitt24
Senior User
Well we should be there with at least one truck. My pistons were back ordered and wont be here until tuesday next week. So I may or may not have my truck(I know what you are feeling Cliff)been down since second week of december.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lakerats
If we're lucky, Storm and TNT will show up and we can laugh at their trucks!
Wha... Laugh? Huh.. I'm lost...

You know TNT and I will be there Clif

Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Bulldog68
Senior User
Even though this is only going to be officially a 4 hour deal instead of all day like in the fall, plan on me being there. I am sure Flushie will tag along too and maybe a buddy of mine. Infact the friend of mine has suggested we go up there on Friday and hit up 6th street Friday night. I have only heard about it and never experienced 6th street myself. But the idea is being tossed around. If that is the case maybe some of you locals to the area could come out and we could have a pre-DAM, DAM party on 6th street. Or something like that. Lol.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Bulldog, all I can say is bring advil if you are going to 6th street.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
lakerats
Senior User
Good advice, Duck!

Bulldog - you might even want to wait until Saturday night to make 6th street - that way you might have half a chance of remembering what happened at the picnic. You'l also be able to lift your head up to look your friends in the eye.

Remember: Friends may not let friends drive drunk - but drunk friends do! Be careful!

Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Bulldog68
Senior User
I doubt it will happen guys. It was just an idea being thrown out there. Plus if I am out, especially some place I don't know well, I don't even get tipsy. I will be sure to be in shape to remember everything that happens whether I want to remember or not.

Quick Reply: A "DAM" Fine Picnic III !