Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wastegate

Old 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Fordoor444
New User
Fordoor444 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wastegate

Hi Guys, Newbie here. I disconnected my waste gate today at work. I did as recommended, I pulled the red line and stuck it on one of the clamp bolts. Then I put a small piece of rubber tubing with a bolt in it on the gate nipple.On my way home I got into the peddal a couple of times playing around. After the second time my check engine light came on. I pulled over and shut the truck off and reconnected the red line. The check engine light stayed off and I continued home. I checked the code with my SC 1705 and found 0238 Turbo Boost Sensor A Circuit High Input and 0478* Exhaust Press Ctrl Valve High Input (this one set the check engine light).Is this normal? Did I do something wrong?

Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
...........delete

Last edited by ron's power stoke; 01-04-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
welcome to FTE

if you got the boost over 22 lb you will se the light..with red line unhooked you will have more boost and faster spooling...if you go over 25 lb of boost too many times..your turbo wont last long....for every good thing.. comes a bad with these trucks..you really should have gauges before you start playing around like that..you can get a boost fooler to keep that light from coming on again..
http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?c...on=show_detail

as far as the back pressure code..try cleaning you exhaust back pressure tube..it could be full of soot..here is how to do that
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/ebps.html

Last edited by ron's power stoke; 01-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
Yep, what Ron said.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Fordoor444
New User
Fordoor444 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was having trouble getting things to work for me and I didn't think it even posted. I definately need the gauges, they are next on my list, then I can play! Thanks again!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fordoor444
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was having trouble getting things to work for me and I didn't think it even posted. I definately need the gauges, they are next on my list, then I can play! Thanks again!

no problem..stick around..you can learn a lot here... we are all having trouble getting on here some times (see the deleted post above)..it gets frustrating.. but just keep trying..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.