Sponsored by:

dont leave your sat radio on

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:46 AM
michael.biasi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation dont leave your sat radio on

im sure you all know better than to leave the sat radio on in its pod the cig lighter ports are nonkeyed in my 99 psd 6 speed
so that means they are live at all times hence if you got yur sat radio in its cradle ( sirius outlaw chan 63 mojo at 4 ) it will remain on and it does draw some killer current, battery killer current that is one more thing is i havent driver her in a week
so this morning in the single digit temps truck heater not plugged ( of course not why would i do that ) we have the slow cranks
and the cranky boss

Old 01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Joshua0606
Elder User
I added a power outlet under the dash to plug my xm into. The outlet is attached to an acc wire. I would have liked to hard wire the xm in but my plug converts 12v to 5v.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 665 Likes on 425 Posts
I went to radio shack and bought a cheap cigarette lighter splitter, that consisted of a plug and two recepticles with wires. I cut one of the recepticles off and spliced it to the switched power and ground wires going to the radio. I then plugged the lighter adapter for my XM SkiFi2 into the recepticle and stuffed it all up under the dash behind the radio.

It works great. I mounted the XM under the 4WD switch. The only visible wires are about 4 inches of power and antenna wire coming out of the driver dash panel going to the XM. The XM and the stock radio come on with the key, and go off when the door opens.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
ctfordguy
Elder User
Been there and did that with the sat radio. I have also done with a radar detector in my mustang. I posted a note on the garage door 'IS IT UNPLUGGED DUMMY?'