fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 12:53 AM
rayvin_
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel injectors

I was told by a reliable source that to get better hp from my 89 I6 300, that I should replace the fuel injectors on it with some V8 stangs or expo injectors. I was wondering if anyone knows, how much do they cost, will i need more than one or what, and how hard of a job is it to replace them. Thanx for any info.

Old 03-16-2001, 10:12 AM
paulg
Senior User
fuel injectors

>I was told by a reliable
>source that to get better
>hp from my 89 I6
>300, that I should replace
>the fuel injectors on it
>with some V8 stangs or
>expo injectors. I was
>wondering if anyone knows, how
>much do they cost, will
>i need more than one
>or what, and how hard
>of a job is it
>to replace them. Thanx
>for any info.

Fuel injectors by themselves won't add power to the engine. Bigger fuel injectors will provide the additional fuel to produce more power. If you haven't already you will need to modify the engines air intake, exhaust, ignition and possibly a camshaft. Then engine has to have the ability to burn more fuel and air before bigger injectors will do you any good.

However, a set of 8 19#per hour injectors (you need 6) will cost you $200 from Summitracing. You will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. You can find these parts at summitracing or jegs. The stock 300-6 injectors run at 100psi and the 19# injectors run around 45psi, hence the reason why you need the other parts.

As for installing them as soon as I get mine installed I will let everyone know how to do so!

1994 Ford F150
300-6
Highly Modified and more to come!

Old 03-16-2001, 05:36 PM
StrangeRanger
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuel injectors

Actually, the fuel pressure on the 300 is 55 PSI vs. 39 PSI for the stock Mustang 5.0. The 55 PSI actually came about as a way to cure the vapor lock/hot restart problem in the EFI 300.

The 300 gets injectors rated for 12# at 39 PSI, but at the increased fuel pressure of 55 PSI they give a very marginal output of about 14#.

Going to the reduced pressure and the 19# injectors will theoretically allow you to build the engine up quite a bit, but there may be some issues of compatibility with the speed-density computer control. You may have to do something about reducing heat absorption by the fuel rail as well. There's been a lot of discussion on this subject at http://pub41.ezboard.com/ffordsixcylinderperformanceforumfrm12

Old 03-17-2001, 06:49 AM
scott e larson
New User
fuel injectors