Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Power / Shudder

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
aocabrown
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Power / Shudder

Truck is 'basically' stock with 200k miles. Had new tranny at 120k (before was my truck). Have trouble keeping 70 mph speed up the smallest of grades (empty truck). I seem to also notice an intermittent shudder when going up these hills. Really not so much of a slipping or shudder as it feels like an 'miss'. Goes on fine if you keep putting petal to it. Otherwise, truck seems to run fine, Shifts fine etc.

Just wondering if I may be having torque converter issues. How to tell? Can I just replace the TC with a BTS or Precision Industries Stallion TC or should I replace both tranny and TC at same time? I am worried if I towed anything of any decent weight, I would be downshifting and doing 40 up any sort of hill.

Thanks for opinions.

Allen

Old 12-16-2007, 11:57 PM
JoeTrotter
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You said it feels like a miss - are you sure it's the tranny, or do you think it could be elsewhere? Is your torque converter rattling? Shudder is usually a sign of clutches slipping, I suppose it could be in the TC, or the tranny. Or if it's more like a miss, maybe something engine?