Dickens Fair G2G

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dickens Fair G2G

Hey guys and gal,

I am thinking it would be fun to head over to the cow palace to harass Dan, I mean see Dan and support him. I know it is short notice but I think either Saturday Dec 22nd or Sunday the 23rd would be fun.

I am going to go one of those two days.

Karl

Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 AM
cruzinf100
Junior User
I got to say that the fair was pretty damn fun. This was the first year I've attended and it was a lot like going to Disneyland for my girl and I. Not to mention....they serve beer and fried food there.

Too bad my girl and I won't be around on those dates because it would be very cool to meet you folks, see other Fords, and show mine off. Shoot, would probably invite you folks out to our house because, as some of you know, we live in SanFrancisco.

We're leaving for Washington State next week...otherwise you could've counted me in.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Originally Posted by fastmover
I am thinking it would be fun to head over to the cow palace to harass Dan
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town. I can see it now, waving our Bic lighters and yelling, FREEBIRD!!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, I'll be there...

Old 12-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Would love to, but unable to at this time. I still have been unable to get the heater working in this Bu....uh daily driver, and there is no way I would make a trip like that with no heat.....

Old 12-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Carpe^Noctem
New User
Talking

Well if i can get the fundage together ill be there lol (Sorry but when my dad told me when i was a kid that i gota become a starving student i took it a little to close to the heart lmao) But yeah im off till the 31st so i have the time n i might be able to get some money together for gasbridge parking n well of course ALE

If anyone is in the East Bay n wants to hook up n drive over there or hitch a ride (Heater works great just put a new heater core in) id be happy to offer my passenger seat if you dotn mind the Bumpy ride of my 65 Effy Hit me up with a private message if your interested ill call ya Oh n just a warning to any potential riders I will not be held liable for any Rocking out or head banging or any other general activity that is the direct or indirect result of the fact that my Radio is stuck on THE BONE lmmfao ttyl ~DJ

Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 AM
cruzinf100
Junior User
Hey Carpe...I'm in San Francisco now but used to live in Oakland. Maybe we can cruise the Slicks one day. My girlfriend has a 68 Cougar.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Carpe^Noctem
New User
sounds kool man u goin to the fair this weekend? im open ither saturday or sunday. oh n Karl if u come down 580 we can meet up in hayward n drive over together or somthin let me know im not realy sure how to get there so ill need to follow someone

Old 12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Carpe^Noctem
New User
ok well its official im gona be goin just need the info on when to go and if i cant meet up with karl on his way out there how to get there hit me up if ur goin

Old 12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Carpe^Noctem
New User
ok nevermind had to change the fuel pump on the truck so that ate up my fair funds sorry guys lol

Old 12-20-2007, 09:55 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hey Dan and everyone
DJ... too bad you can't make it on Sunday. I look forward to meeting you at another event later.

My wife and I are going to be there on Sunday. I hope to see you all...

Karl

Last edited by fastmover; 12-20-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:29 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Great Dickens Fair. Dan and his group did a great job. My favorite place was standing outside the corset shop looking at the live models. My wife asked me why we had passed that spot four times in one hour.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:35 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It was a blast...I look forward to next year already. A lot of work and exhausting, but very rewarding.

My group (The Seadogs) will be doing other performances around the Bay Area during the upcoming year, most notably the Pirate Festival in Vallejo in June and the Rennaissance Faire at Casa de Fruita in the fall as well as various one day gigs...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hey... Unless I am out of town I invite all over to my house in Vallejo for the Pirate Festival that Dan mentioned. Let's keep it in mind.

By the way Dan, your group looked like it was having the most fun out of all the performers there. I can see why you look forward to it for next year.