2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper mounted reciever hitch

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bumper mounted reciever hitch

Any one no of a reciever hitch that will fit our bumpers? All the ones I've found I'm going to have to weld a plate or somthing to my bumper because of the way it curls down. I cant get a regular hitch cuz my stinkin exhaust is in the way. Heres a tip for you guys. Get the hitch first, cuz now I cant get one without dang near re-doing the whole exhaust.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 3/4th the way down the page...http://www.hitchcorner.com/trailer-hitches.htm
...And if you still need that spacer to get around the "curl"... I'd just throw some clearance holes through a metal plate (if you don't feel like welding it).

I know you probably know... but your still "stuck" by the bumper's capacity. But it should let you have the freedom of using most "recvr" add-ons w/no serious issues.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
mattd17
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
what kind of exhaust do you have? if it was my truck, i would feel better about getting the frame mounted hitch, and then trying to re-work the exhaust around it. im sure that any shop could re-work the tail sections fairly cheap, especially if it could be removed and just bent a little different. now, if it is welded in place, then sure it would cose more, but better insurance. how much are you planning on towing/hauling? im not sure what the bumper is rated for, but something else to keeo in mind.