6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Remote starter for 6.0 PSD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:47 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 6.0superduty
Can I use my factory keyless and the bronze pack both in the same truck or do I have to remove the factory keyless and replace it with the bronze pack? Thanks.

Kyle

If you want 2 key fobs (1 for remote start, 1 for keyless entry) go with the bronze pack. If you want 1 key fob (both remote start & keyless entry) go with the silver package.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
6.0superduty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to have 2 fobs. What I am asking is, does the factory keyless entry module stay int the truck and you add another module for the remote start?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

yes, if you want 2 different fobs. If you only want 1, then you would remove the factory k/e and put in the silver pack. Think of it this way.............
1 module = 1 fob on your keyring, 2 modules = 2 fobs on your keyring.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
6.0superduty
Senior User
ok, thanks. I was not sure if you could plug both modules into the truck at the same time. Thanks again

Kyle

Old 12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Coog's 99 F-350
Freshman User
I also have a viper 5900 which has a 2 way remote. It is advertsied as 1 mile range under the most ideal conditions, but this gives you plenty of power to start the truck in teh movie theatre, restaurant, campsite or where ever you might be.

You can confirm when it has started, and also since the 5900 has an alarm system on it and a starter kill to prevent hot wiring and stealing the truck. As we all know the 99 - 2007 s.d. do not have any security systems on them and ths starter kill they put on and the built in starter anti grind so that u can't accidently engage the starter when it is al ready started.

It also has the turbo run mode to let it idle after u turn it off for cool down. Definatley recommend professional installation on this system, every tnign words as it is supposed to and I live in northern British Columbia in Canada, where temps range from 34 celcius (90 Far.) to -45 celcius (-50 Far.) and there are lots o viper systems here. I also had one on my 99' with the V-10, it was still on it when i traded it for the 05' here and they work fantastic.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

The Harley Davidson and King Ranch editions have the PATS system so they can't be hotwired, the key is needed for the system to turn on (electronically).

Old 12-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Coog's 99 F-350
Freshman User
Mine is a 2005 King Ranch and no PATS on it what year did they start putting them on? I know the 2008's have it.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Good point, not sure what year, I'll have to check.My '07 has it & I heard all Harley editions had it starting in '05. Maybe it relates to where it was built?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
CobraJay
New User
Smile

I bought a Vyper 771xv at Best Buy. It is an alarm and remote start. The price was very reasonable and installation is free with purchase. I have had it for about 6 months now and it has never given me a bit of trouble. Works great. They have a couple of different models including one that can work up to one mile. Check them out before you buy anywhere else. You will be very satisfied with it.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
perpendicular
Freshman User
Originally Posted by rotun
Good point, not sure what year, I'll have to check.My '07 has it & I heard all Harley editions had it starting in '05. Maybe it relates to where it was built?
The 05 Harleys have it? I have read that the HD trucks have a big key but no PATS. There is no security key on the dash panel like my 00 Excursion has indicating it hs a PATS.

RATS! I am in the process of installing a Clifford remote start on my 05 HD. Hmm, a real world test of this....

BTW, I am documenting all the connections, etc, on my 05 in case anyone can use it. I am a bit leary of posting all the pictures - kinda a road map to steal my truck it would seem.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:09 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 06 HD has the PATS Key. Look at the end of the key for a small square piece that looks glued in the key.
Also my Ford system does everything w/1 remote and ties the locks/lights/etc together. example - When I start the truck it automatically locks the doors and turns on the running lights. We put a non Ford system on my wife's car. She had to give up one of her PATS keys, buy an extra piece to house the PATS key, and has a separate FOB for her locks and 1 for her starter. When she starts it the horn beeps but lights dont come on and the doors dont lock. Touching the brake pedal kills the engine on both systems though.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Originally Posted by caprang
My 06 HD has the PATS Key. Look at the end of the key for a small square piece that looks glued in the key.
Also my Ford system does everything w/1 remote and ties the locks/lights/etc together. example - When I start the truck it automatically locks the doors and turns on the running lights. We put a non Ford system on my wife's car. She had to give up one of her PATS keys, buy an extra piece to house the PATS key, and has a separate FOB for her locks and 1 for her starter. When she starts it the horn beeps but lights dont come on and the doors dont lock. Touching the brake pedal kills the engine on both systems though.
Ditto, I also tied my PTO idle up to the rear defrost output on the gold package (since we don't have a rear defrost). Now I can idle up at 1200 rpm with a touch of the remote. I'm in the process of tying in the lights I put in my SnugTop to the remote as well...it's such a P.I.T.A. to see back there in the dark with all the windows tinted.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
orionife
Senior User

Great info

I am glad I started this thread, am still figuring out all the info I have gotten from it, How much does the ford system cost installed? I like that it controls everything from one FOB and can cool my turbo as well.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:14 AM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

I paid $332.41 (tax incl.) for the gold package with PATS module from the local dealer. I highly recomend asking the dealer who installs their systems, they should give you the number as most dealers contract out the install. I was quoted $250 for the labor on the install, they came to my office and installed on the spot in about 2.5 hours.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:19 PM
perpendicular
Freshman User
Originally Posted by perpendicular
The 05 Harleys have it? I have read that the HD trucks have a big key but no PATS. There is no security key on the dash panel like my 00 Excursion has indicating it hs a PATS.

RATS! I am in the process of installing a Clifford remote start on my 05 HD. Hmm, a real world test of this....

BTW, I am documenting all the connections, etc, on my 05 in case anyone can use it. I am a bit leary of posting all the pictures - kinda a road map to steal my truck it would seem.
WOOHOO!!!!! The 2005 Harley Davidson F250 does NOT have a PATS key. At least now we know for sure.

Quick Reply: Remote starter for 6.0 PSD?