Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Project:10 Second F100

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:19 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
took it for a small drive yesterday. didn't get on it over 4000 rpm but the truck seems a lot faster than last years version. going to head up to the track on Sunday and try to get the bugs worked out.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:06 AM
droppedf100
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, you have had your share of problems. Im glad its finally starting to come together. Let us know how it goes at the track.
I got my truck to run a 12.37 at 108 on motor and 11.05 at 119 on a 150 shot.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by droppedf100
Man, you have had your share of problems. Im glad its finally starting to come together. Let us know how it goes at the track.
I got my truck to run a 12.37 at 108 on motor and 11.05 at 119 on a 150 shot.
Finally got a test drive yesterday. Took it easy since there is no exhaust and we were driving on some county roads. Seems to be a lot stronger than last year. had a family loss this week so I missed 4 days of work and am even more broke so I decided to wait till next week to go racing.

Those are some nice passes. Nice work with the nitrous. Are you using it right off the line?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
droppedf100
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No im leaving on motor and spraying like 20 ft out. It got a best ever 1.54 60 ft like that. I changed the converter and that picked it up the on the spray. I need to build a new shock mount for the back and get a set of drag shocks for it because it fully extends the rear suspension and makes the tires lose traction. I think im going to get the Rancho 9000 shocks and eventally go with a set of cal-trac bars. Should go 10s easily spraying off the line.

Glad to hear its up and running good now. Good luck on your first pass.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Sorry about the fmaily member mwvdub.

Im thinking about not racing the dodge until pinks all out. I have been racing the truck, couldnt get it to do anything but spin on street tires so im running my old MT dot's. Went to 4th round friday night, and got into the 5th and money round saturday. My worst 2 lights since being back in the truck have been .001 red light, and a .085 green. All other 20 or 25 passes have been in the middle!

Let us know how it goes this weekend.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
Sorry about the family member mwvdub.

Im thinking about not racing the dodge until pinks all out. I have been racing the truck, couldnt get it to do anything but spin on street tires so im running my old MT dot's. Went to 4th round friday night, and got into the 5th and money round saturday. My worst 2 lights since being back in the truck have been .001 red light, and a .085 green. All other 20 or 25 passes have been in the middle!

Let us know how it goes this weekend.
took it for another little spin tonight and it runs like a SA ape. Did a small 2500 rpm launch with no burnout and had it all kinda sideways in a hurry.

Not sure if the 5.13 gears will work out but I plan on shifting into 2 and 3 at 6000 rpm and see what happens after that. probably going to 5.00 or 4.88 in a hurry.

With lights like that it is no wonder that you have been making the money round. Got a new job where every other weekend is a three day so i plan on atleast coming to watch some friday night races.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Congrats on the new job. If you are anything like me, when you say "kinda sideways" you had that SOB looking straight at the shoulder of the road lol. I am trying to remember what gears a guy who races at bandimere ended up using in his fairlane. He has a 66 fairlane, all steel and runs 9.80's 9.90's on just motor. Ofcourse he is running alcohol and injected...

How many passes do you plan on putting on the engine before you start throwing juice to it?

I have been looking at a few 73-79 f-100's lately... Thinking about building one that is setup like my truck, just a 2wd half ton. Have not decided if i want to go the 460 route or if i want to make a 4v headed 400 that would rev higher than a 400 should...Im leaning toward the 400 route. If someone wanted to buy the dodge right now i would get rid of it lol, and try to build the truck before PAO comes to town in August. I think building that damn car was more fun than racing it will ever be...

Any time you want to come out to watch a race let me know.. Im trying to hit as many of them as i can this year. Right now for club clash racing, we are in 4th in the "5 man" teams and in 7th in overall teams. Not too bad considering we have 8 total members and some of the clubs have up to 50 members! I made a mistake and didnt register for saturday points, in Run Tuff, i should have because i would have had somewhere around 900-1100 points right now, with missing one of the races which would have put me into the top 10 as of right now... ohhwell, its still a good test day.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
Congrats on the new job. If you are anything like me, when you say "kinda sideways" you had that SOB looking straight at the shoulder of the road lol.

How many passes do you plan on putting on the engine before you start throwing juice to it?

I have been looking at a few 73-79 f-100's lately... Thinking about building one that is setup like my truck, just a 2wd half ton. Have not decided if i want to go the 460 route or if i want to make a 4v headed 400 that would rev higher than a 400 should...Im leaning toward the 400 route. If someone wanted to buy the dodge right now i would get rid of it lol, and try to build the truck before PAO comes to town in August. I think building that damn car was more fun than racing it will ever be...

Any time you want to come out to watch a race let me know.. Im trying to hit as many of them as i can this year. Right now for club clash racing, we are in 4th in the "5 man" teams and in 7th in overall teams. Not too bad considering we have 8 total members and some of the clubs have up to 50 members! I made a mistake and didnt register for saturday points, in Run Tuff, i should have because i would have had somewhere around 900-1100 points right now, with missing one of the races which would have put me into the top 10 as of right now... ohhwell, its still a good test day.
The truck was pretty much headed straight for the shoulder before i let off and hit the brakes.

Probably going to run the regular season at douglas on motor and a few weeks before Pinks slap a 150 shot on it. Should give enough time to get a few passes with it.

I think the 400 4V would probably be a lot cheaper to build than a 460. For many reasons BBF stuff is really expensive. Still love running them because not many people do but it sures drains the wallet fast.

I am thinking about checking out the race on Friday the 13th to see that Purifoy class or the 20th to watch club clash.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
i was wrong and the race is next weekend so we are going to go on fathers day. took the radiator out yesterday to fix a small leak around the tranny cooler line. Also having a small wiring problem under the dash with the new volt gauge. It is not sending a signal back to the voltage regulator so the alternator is not charging. Just going to run a jumper wire to a toggle switch to excite the alternator when driving in the pits and staging lanes but not while racing. Also need to order a new lap belt from crow enterprizes. the 50" belt just isn't big enough for a truck unless you have a 28" waist. I don't.
Also ended up winning an ebay auction for a 1195 king demon to try along with the 895 demon that is already on there. Probably sell the 895 to cover the new one.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
tankrsc
Elder User
Have you had good luck with the Demons? I am asuming you ran the 895 befor

Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tankrsc
Have you had good luck with the Demons? I am asuming you ran the 895 befor
never had any problems with them at all. we bought the 895 off ebay about 5 years ago and haven't looked back since. I have read a lot of bad thngs about quality and support but all good here.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
tankrsc
Elder User
I have to get a carb for the Mustang and don't know anyone that has run the Demon. Glad to hear I have another choice besides Holley

Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tankrsc
I have to get a carb for the Mustang and don't know anyone that has run the Demon. Glad to hear I have another choice besides Holley
From what I have read the problems with demons was straightened out early on. Some of the early ones in 1997 or 1998 had problems with the metering blocks. As far as i know there are no complaints with new ones. I have never run a holley (dominator or 4150) because the demon has worked so well.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
So... howd it go?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
update after a shower. It was a long day.

Quick Reply: Project:10 Second F100