Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Will be new to ford...again

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Metalx
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be new to ford...again

Hey all. Short history, bought a new 2000 Ford Focus, sold it for a 2002 Mercedes c class, just sold that and am looking at a 1999 Expedition. I had the sell the C class because I have a new baby girl (6 months old) and the car just wasn't working (2 door hatchback). I've been looking at the Expedition for a while now. I just wanted to get some tips on what to look out for when buying one. I'm going on wednsday to look at a 1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition, with 160K on the dial.

Anyone got any tips on what to look out for and what service is coming up that needs to be done?

Thanks,
B

Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Hello you should check out the forum for Expeditions and ask the same thing, lots of good info.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Metalx
Hey all. Short history, bought a new 2000 Ford Focus, sold it for a 2002 Mercedes c class, just sold that and am looking at a 1999 Expedition. I had the sell the C class because I have a new baby girl (6 months old) and the car just wasn't working (2 door hatchback). I've been looking at the Expedition for a while now. I just wanted to get some tips on what to look out for when buying one. I'm going on wednsday to look at a 1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition, with 160K on the dial.

Anyone got any tips on what to look out for and what service is coming up that needs to be done?

Thanks,
B
Torsion Bars in the front can break, cant really check but look if they have been replaced. If equipped with optional rear air suspension thats not always a good thing, exhaust manifolds can leak and they are a bugger to re and re when they get old and rusted and the a/c lines to the reat can leak, check rear a/c and heat for function. Those would be my suggestions.