Modular V10 (6.8l)  

spin tech mufflers ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 AM
adamysr
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spin tech mufflers ???

anyone use them ?? I hear they are good on cars but i dont knowif anyone has used then on a v10... they do have a muffler for big block and v10 on there site. anyone tried them ? heres a link

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp

Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
adamysr
Freshman User
somebody....... anybody ????

Old 11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
big10
Senior User
Ive had them on a 5.7L silverado and they sounded awesome. The best muffler Ive heard yet on anything. I was curious about how they would sound on a v10 but ended up going with the cherrybomb baffled muffler. Ive still got them on that chebby, I ought to put one on and see. I think they would sound good on the 10er as well.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 PM
adamysr
Freshman User
which one do u have on the chevro ?? The link i posted was for big blocks and v10's but it says it qiute at criusing speed, i want it to sound loud in a good way. Right now i have a magnaflow and its pretty quite. I only hear it at idle and under decent acceleration. Im also planning on putting a y pipe on at the same time i put the new muffler on.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by adamysr
which one do u have on the chevro ?? The link i posted was for big blocks and v10's but it says it qiute at criusing speed, i want it to sound loud in a good way. Right now i have a magnaflow and its pretty quite. I only hear it at idle and under decent acceleration. Im also planning on putting a y pipe on at the same time i put the new muffler on.
The Y-pipe will change the sound. I would put the Y-pipe on first, then you could swap out the muffler to get a different sound if you like.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
adamysr
Freshman User
from the sound clips ive heard the Y makes it deeper ?? Is that right ??

Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
dkf
Hotshot
from the sound clips ive heard the Y makes it deeper ?? Is that right ??
Louder in general. The difference is especially noticable when you have a short exhaust like I had (Lightning style) with a louder muffler.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
adamysr
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dkf
Louder in general. The difference is especially noticable when you have a short exhaust like I had (Lightning style) with a louder muffler.
sweet, thanks for the info dfk.

hey big10 where u at ???

Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
adamysr
Freshman User
-dfk-

i forgot to ask, how short are you talking about when u say short exhaust. Im unfamiler with the lightnings

Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 AM
dkf
Hotshot
-dfk-

i forgot to ask, how short are you talking about when u say short exhaust. Im unfamiler with the lightnings
I have a picture of my old exhaust in my gallery. Basically a single in/dual out muffler with pipes exiting in front of the right rear wheel.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
big10
Senior User
Yeah, I have the lightning style exhuast (pics in my gallery) and soundclips on youtube. I dont have the big block style on the chev. Not really sure which ones they are but they are smaller and sound awesome. Ill be putting my ypipe one soon and will have some sound clips with that. I would recommend waiting till you do the ypipe before changing the muffler. If you still dont like it then change it. I would also check out the cherrybomb sound clip I have. Cant say enough about this cherrybomb extreme chambered muffler. http://www.youtube.com/my_videos Keep in my that clip is with out the new ypipe.