1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

No Start Prob.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Jdugan77
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No Start Prob.

I have a 1972 Ford F100 I purchased for a restoration hobby. I drove it for the first month after purchase just to fill it out see where I needed to focus on problems first. During driving I had the shift collar break on the collum which made me have to shift gears from under the hood and a brick under the wheel. I then parked the truck and went searching for the shift collar but had no luck and put the project off for the past 5 months. I finally got my collar and got the steering all put back together being very careful everything went in perfectly. Now when i try to start the truck I get nothing the altnater light comes on then goes off when I turn the key. I have a newly rebuilt alternator and starter along with new battery on the truck and still nothing but silence. Any help greatly appriciated. I was thinking Remote solinoid bad but how can you check for sure? Also though Neutral safety switch being that I had to remove the steering and old collar to put new one on ,but how can you check? any other ideas would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Jeremy

Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Jdugan77
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and I have checked Neg, and Pos. Cables to battery for tightness also checked cable from Remote solinoid to Starter all good there and all wires to Alt. Tight and in good condition. Im guessing its inside the truck wiring either the ignition switch the neutral switch, something like that I dont have a volt meter to check is there any other ways of testing?