Need injector help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Mr. Bob
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need injector help!!!

Hey Guys!!!

I am doing some upgrades right now and need some injector advice!!!

You can see all my current mods in my sig.

In the next month I will be adding a TN turbo and a regulated return fuel system, with a upgraded fuel pump and pre pump mods...

After that I am wanting to look at injectors and tuning...

First... I have between $1000 and $1500 to spend...

What I am looking at/for: I am looking for a little more power without lots of black smoke. I tow, not heavy, but I do tow. This truck is not a daily driver, its only a weekend cruiser which I also use to tow my trailer ( 3500 LBS ).

I am SCARED of bad nozzles! I was talking to a guy at BD Diesel last weekend that had a nozzle break and took out his whole engine!!! I have heard others have had this happen too!!!

I am looking for something between 160cc and 175cc single shots...

So that being said.... I have been pondering a few ideas, and need advice about it....

Looking at the DIY injectors. I have the skill to do them, and like the stage 2c singles. I was also looking at Beans stage 1 singles, and then at Beans stage 2 singles.... Or then again I could do the DIY kit and keep my stock nozzles...

That gives you all an idea of my needs/wants... ANy help form those of you with more experience than me???

Thanks guys!!!
Bob

Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob, you'd be a prime candidate for a set of AC's. They're slightly larger single shot injectors. IIRC, the AC's are 160 cc. If you're worried about tips, I'd go to Dynomite Diesel Performance or Beans. You rarely, if ever, hear about a tip going bad from them. DDP did the work on my injectors.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Mr. Bob
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jeremy, and happy B day

Old 10-24-2007, 06:43 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
AC singles would be your best bet, keep a .007 or .0075 nozzle size to limit smoke. They increase ICP due to using less oil volume, but ultimately i think if you want the cadillac towing machine with tons of torque that doesn't fall off, and no smoke, then Big oil with high ICP is what you should be looking after. However, the injectors are cheaper. If you want to buy remans, DppPower.com has them for $625 which is ridiculously cheap. You can get that and the fuel system for the planned $1500.