1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Console is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
the Goat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They said it couldn't be done. . .But I have just installed the console in my 2008 with manual transmission. it goes in real easy.

The only "issue" with the manual transmission is if the stick shift is in any of the gears on the lower side of the shift pattern (L, 2 & 4) it could block the driver's side cup holder. In fact while shifting into low gear (all the way left and pull back) the stick shift can bump the edge of the cup holder. Once it is in gear it is 3/4 of an inch away though.

So I can see why ford doesn't offer the console with the manual transmission from the factory. But wouldn't have been better to just design it to work with the stick shift in the first place? Yea, yea, I know, nobody wants to buy a truck with a manual transmission, so why would ford spend any time redesigning the console.

Either way I'm happy.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Dustball8504
Elder User
Haha, actually I wish my truck was a 6-speed truck. I just got a pretty good deal on mine and couldn't pass it up. Glad to hear it worked for you also though!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the Goat
They said it couldn't be done. . .But I have just installed the console in my 2008 with manual transmission. it goes in real easy.

The only "issue" with the manual transmission is if the stick shift is in any of the gears on the lower side of the shift pattern (L, 2 & 4) it could block the driver's side cup holder. In fact while shifting into low gear (all the way left and pull back) the stick shift can bump the edge of the cup holder. Once it is in gear it is 3/4 of an inch away though.

So I can see why ford doesn't offer the console with the manual transmission from the factory. But wouldn't have been better to just design it to work with the stick shift in the first place? Yea, yea, I know, nobody wants to buy a truck with a manual transmission, so why would ford spend any time redesigning the console.

Either way I'm happy.
Build some push back brackets if you want to move it back just a bit to clear the Low gear..

Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM
lanceparker
Freshman User
hey guys, I have been searching ebay and just some general searches on the 08 consoles and all I am finding are the gray with the rubber black top. Under the descriptions and such for the consoles the sellers say that they go great with tan interior trucks, that they blend well. Is this true, I really would like to get rid of my jump seat in my 06 but I want it to look right as well.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lanceparker
hey guys, I have been searching ebay and just some general searches on the 08 consoles and all I am finding are the gray with the rubber black top. Under the descriptions and such for the consoles the sellers say that they go great with tan interior trucks, that they blend well. Is this true, I really would like to get rid of my jump seat in my 06 but I want it to look right as well.
Theres few differences in the colors.. The one I got was "Gray" yet it was a Stone Tan Gray.. I ended up using some paint that I supply for Gauge Pods to paint my sides and back panel of my 08 Console to match my interior..

You could do the same, just pick one up.. Its easy to take apart and just paint your sides.. I haven't had a problem with mine..

Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM
lanceparker
Freshman User
thanks storm, I think I will pick one up and if I have to paint it then that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Joining the '08 console club

Mine is on its way from Tennessee right now! An eBay deal that never met its reserve... I contacted the seller outside of the eBay "realm" and we made a deal... $195.00, complete & shipped. I hope to see it by Friday or Saturday.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Lonewolftx
Posting Guru
Question

How would it match w/ A KR interior? Guess it wouldn't have the leather top but other than that does the tan look close to the OEM of an '06?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
mrkevin
Junior User
Any idea if it will work in a 2000 Crew Cab with the leather Lariat seats in it.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
bneafus
Elder User
I put one in my 05 Harley with captain's chairs. Did it w/o the brackets and seems fine. Mine came off of Ebay too. No 12 volt outlets included ,but Advance Auto parts standard outlet with a couple of snap-rings from Depot and they fit fine. Wired them to the constant positive under the power seats. I love it!!...Brian
P.S. Used vinyl paint form Advance to match the black...Looks stock!!

Last edited by bneafus; 03-04-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: more to add
Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by bneafus
No 12 volt outlets included ,but Advance Auto parts standard outlet with a couple of snap-rings from Depot and they fit fine. Wired them to the constant positive under the power seats. I love it!!...Brian
P.S. Used vinyl paint form Advance to match the black...Looks stock!!
I'm too lazy right now to look it up...Got the flu!
Do you recall the fuse rating on the circuit you wired to?

Just one more thing... Are the cup holders big enough to hold a super big gulp?? Man, I sure hope so!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
bneafus
Elder User
Originally Posted by ozx3+1
I'm too lazy right now to look it up...Got the flu!
Do you recall the fuse rating on the circuit you wired to?

Just one more thing... Are the cup holders big enough to hold a super big gulp?? Man, I sure hope so!
I don't recall, but I put an inline 10 amp I think that runs 3 outlets, and have had no problem. Just charging flashlight, cell phone, Bluetooth headset, etc, so no big draw. And...the seats only draw while adjusting. As for the Gulp...I would think so, it's actually big for the average cup o' joe...Brian

Old 03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
SC_Dave
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
PICS PICS and more PICS please! From everyones console install.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Click on my signature and go to my 2008 Superduty Console

Got some photos there

Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Storm
Click on my signature and go to my 2008 Superduty Console

Got some photos there
It looks sharp! Don't some of them have rear cup holders on them too? I sure do hope the weather in Dallas doesn't slow the trucks! My console is coming right through there out of Tennessee. I hope to have it Friday for a Saturday morning installation.

Quick Reply: 08 Console is in!!