Your input would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:31 PM
deker9
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your input would be appreciated

I am in the market to get a toy hauler. The two vehicle is a 06 F-250 CC PSD LWB SRW. I am interested in a goose hitch. I am trying to balance the luxury comfort aspects with the practical side of things. I realize the luxury is not really all that necessary for my use but it is a nice to have. What does matter is the ability to fit the following one at a time but each is a use case I have.

1) Two Kawi Brute Force 750's
2) Two Snowmobiles
3) Ford Mustang and one Brute Force 750

I am having an issue finding an appropriate trailer layout which would fit the car, most garages seem to be either too small or have foldups in the way.

Is there anyone hauling similar things which can make some recommendations.

Also if my tow capacity is 15,900 does that mean the GVRW of the trailer should be 15900 or less?

Old 10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the max weight (loaded) should be 15900 or less

Old 10-14-2007, 05:08 PM
yamaguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never seen a toy hauler that would be able to swallow a car. Your best bet would be to look at a carhauler that has living space (if they even do that).

Old 10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
deker9
New User
I have looked at a car hauler with a living space but you seem to have two choices, either the living space is really primitive or its really elaborate and costs six figures.

I was hoping to find something with a 14 garage area, which should be able to hold the car, and an interior which has a fold up area the quad could move into.

There are so few dealers here in this area, that I cant even see too many.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Make sure you check and compare the pin-weight of the gooseneck trailer (Loaded!) to the weight capacity of the truck. Also, is your truck a 4x4?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
firesoutmatt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by deker9
I am in the market to get a toy hauler. The two vehicle is a 06 F-250 CC PSD LWB SRW. I am interested in a goose hitch. I am trying to balance the luxury comfort aspects with the practical side of things. I realize the luxury is not really all that necessary for my use but it is a nice to have. What does matter is the ability to fit the following one at a time but each is a use case I have.

1) Two Kawi Brute Force 750's
2) Two Snowmobiles
3) Ford Mustang and one Brute Force 750

I am having an issue finding an appropriate trailer layout which would fit the car, most garages seem to be either too small or have foldups in the way.

Is there anyone hauling similar things which can make some recommendations.

Also if my tow capacity is 15,900 does that mean the GVRW of the trailer should be 15900 or less?
I don't think you will find much in the line of RV's with a GN hitch .You might want to look at a fifth wheel RV with the toy box . Check with ALFA RV's most of them don't have the wall between the garage and living area and they will hold a small car and a golf cart with a ramp style door. I have one and haul 3 motorcyles and a lifted golfcart . The guy who had it before me had a race car and a golf cart with plenty of room.

Check this link .http://www.alfaleisure.com/fw/toyhou...argo_area.html

Last edited by firesoutmatt; 10-14-2007 at 07:05 PM.