General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

My Head Is In The clouds!! Literally!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, it worked great!! Thanks, Ben!!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That's a great picture.

I hope it is not the cold bleak son-of-a-gun it looks like it might be as winter comes on!
Sure looks cool.

Oh, and Bunny, about last night? I think that guy was just trying to get you in bed!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You'd think they could make a teeny one person elevator to pack ya up there...kinda like those mine rescue lifts....without weaking the structure.

More photos! We want an inside the Nacelle shot or two. Well... I do anyway. These puppies are just the coolest. Now...they need to paint the blades.... ya know.. make them like little hypnotic thingies as they spin. LOL!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:31 AM
King Triton
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
You'd think they could make a teeny one person elevator to pack ya up there...kinda like those mine rescue lifts....without weaking the structure.
You know,after Snowbunny showed us these pics,,I was wondering the same thing myself.It would seem that your workers would be far more productive and would be able to accomplish more during the week,if they did not have to climb a 250ft ladder.But then realizing how many of these turbines there were,,it became evident that it would not be economically feasible to have a lift in each one.So,tell me what you think of this idea,,,,A drive pack!It would be a unit that each tech has that clamps to the sides of the ladder and pulls him up the ladder.They could incorporate rack type sides on the ladders and a gear drive on the drive pack.When the tech is done,he simply removes it and takes it to the next one.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Autoglass
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Climbing them is kicking my butt!! I'm not 20 anymore,, heck, I'm not even 30!! Ha! Ha!
21? AND you're complaining???

And thats coming from a 46.5 yr.old!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:57 AM
King Triton
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Autoglass
21? AND you're complaining???

And thats coming from a 46.5 yr.old!!!

Thats too funny!I guess you can read that two ways,,,,when she says,,,,Im not even thirty,,,,,,,Hahaha,,,she means,,,,Im not even thirty anymore!I for one am not going to say how old she is,,,,last time I did she sent out a gang of biker bunnies and I had easter eggs planted in places I never knew existed!

Bunny,,,you go girl,,,,you show them young ins us old people can still do it!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

My neighbor has sixty-five stairs going up to their front door. When I go to see them I always rest a minute to get my breathing back to normal before ringing the bell.

250 ft. ladder? I would probably have to take a ten minute break before I could begin work at the top. (supposing that I made it!)

After all, I'm not sixty anymore!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Autoglass
Posting Guru
HEY!!!
My Late Father always told me to give the LADIES a complement, be polite, be a gentleman, put a smile on their face and a happy thought on their mind that I did good. Hey it works on the 94 yr. YOUNG lady next door!

So if she is older than that,,,,,,,, She can lie about her age anytime!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

I tried to post but I must have put it in a sink-hole.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, Autoglass, you da man!

And KT, what's the first aid for an easter egg up your nose? A big sneeze?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:11 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Bdox
And KT, what's the first aid for an easter egg up your nose? A big sneeze?
The ones up my nose were not a problem,,,in fact the one in my bellybutton looked kinda cool!Till it broke!And the ones in my ears sure helped keep the wind from blowing through!

Old 10-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by King Triton
Thats too funny!I guess you can read that two ways,,,,when she says,,,,Im not even thirty,,,,,,,Hahaha,,,she means,,,,Im not even thirty anymore!I for one am not going to say how old she is,,,,last time I did she sent out a gang of biker bunnies and I had easter eggs planted in places I never knew existed!

Bunny,,,you go girl,,,,you show them young ins us old people can still do it!
Ahh,, My favorite quote ~ Young enough to do it ~ Old enough to do it right!! Oh to be 40 again!!

Old 10-27-2007, 03:33 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What about a portable electric chain hoist, and Snowbunny will always be 21 to us.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fordlover55

More photos! We want an inside the Nacelle shot or two. Well... I do anyway. These puppies are just the coolest. Now...they need to paint the blades.... ya know.. make them like little hypnotic thingies as they spin. LOL!
OK, here you go!! I thought you guys were sick to death of hearing about it, so I was gonna let this thread just die and get a proper burial in the archives,, but if you want more, I have plenty!!

This is the generator inside the nacelle. If you look to the left, you can see my climbing partner setting the pin so the rotor won't spin around while we go out into the hub. We don't want to feel like we're going for a ride in the clothes dryer!! Ha! Ha!

This is one of the motor mounts on the generator. I put my foot by it for scale. Now, remember, I wear a size 10!!

This is the drive shaft that comes in from the blades.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Lizzie Lu! Come down from there this minute!!! Can't you see how dangerous that is?
Silly girl!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SB in that first pic I see something I have to ask about. There seems to be at least 2 pipes strapped to the ceiling that don't go anywhere or start anywhere what the heck are they for?

Quick Reply: My Head Is In The clouds!! Literally!!!!