General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Cat fishing!! I Love it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 AM
TopSgtLawrence
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat fishing!! I Love it.

Do any of you members Catfish? I am a staff Member for an on-line catfish club,which keeps me pretty busy. I have to work on my truck in spurts!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
No, but I just ate catfish for the first time. Mmmmm.... tasty!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
i would love to catch some or anything, but been fishing all summer and still nothing.

trying it again this weekend.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
I love fishing for catfish. The best part is eating them. What's the web address for your on-line club?

Last edited by rangerfan; 10-02-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
wizzard351
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we fish for them every summer,use bank lines and trott lines. up here we have the ordanary catfish but also mississippi bullhead that get upwards of 50-60 lbs now theres good eatin!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Keepin It Real
Elder User
When I was younger we used to jug fish for 'em in lakes. Worked real good. If you like to eat catfish, don't get 'em from China or anywhere you don't trust. Mess you up.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fishing for catfish is the most boring thing I have ever done in my life...And they taste nasty...

Tim

Hey, someone had to be different...

Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
I have caught so many catfish, I do not want to see one again in my life!!! Well maybe sail cats they are kind of pretty, But I don't eat them just cut them up for bait
for sharks!! My friend caught over a hundred armor cats in one throw of his castnet in a small pond on his property!!! It was at least 70 pounds and a PITA to get them out of it their spikes were stuck in the mesh!!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You fellas don't do any of that "noodlin'", do you?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
I haven't been fishing in a long time. Last time I was fishing was in Northern Ontario about a year ago and I don't think there are very many catfish up there. Pike...definatly but I didn't see any catfish.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,920 Likes on 1,189 Posts
ok tim here is a little visual for you get to alamo lake say around 4:00, launch the boat bass fish until dark, get back to camp build a camp fire right next to the shore set lawn chair next to fire, place cooler full of beer on other side of cooler open beer start drinking, tie weight on line throw it in water somewhere drink more beer comment ocasionally that you haven't had a bite, drink more beer at some point in the night go to bed so you can get up at daylight to drink more beer and go catch more bass
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Fishing for catfish is the most boring thing I have ever done in my life...And they taste nasty...

Tim

Hey, someone had to be different...

Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
jimdandy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Fishing for catfish is the most boring thing I have ever done in my life...And they taste nasty
I'm not a catfish fan either, and the fish caught in rivers and lakes do taste nasty. The farm raised variety are not as gamy, and I can tolerate them occasionally deep fried in batter only. The meat on the farm raised seems to be softer, and I don't care for that either.
Originally Posted by helifixer
ok tim here is a little visual for you get to alamo lake say around 4:00, launch the boat bass fish until dark, get back to camp build a camp fire right next to the shore set lawn chair next to fire, place cooler full of beer on other side of cooler open beer start drinking, tie weight on line throw it in water somewhere drink more beer comment ocasionally that you haven't had a bite, drink more beer at some point in the night go to bed so you can get up at daylight to drink more beer and go catch more bass
Now that, to me, is boring as hell. If the point is to drink beer, why not stay at home and be comfortable. jd

Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
jomac11
Elder User
That is precisely the reason I enjoy catfishing. You bait the hook, toss the line, and drink beer. Then later on you reel in your cat, and repeat.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,920 Likes on 1,189 Posts
the point is to be at the lake to catch bass, cat fishing without bait is a reason to hang by the fire and drink beer
here is one morning of bass fishing, the stringer of black crappi had already been filleted

Originally Posted by jimdandy

Now that, to me, is boring as hell. If the point is to drink beer, why not stay at home and be comfortable. jd

Old 10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not a catfish fan either, and the fish caught in rivers and lakes do taste nasty. The farm raised variety are not as gamy, and I can tolerate them occasionally deep fried in batter only. The meat on the farm raised seems to be softer, and I don't care for that either.
Yeah, you're right about that...About the only fish I do like is crappie.

You read my mind...

Tim

Quick Reply: Cat fishing!! I Love it.