General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Could you be a COP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Could you be a COP?

I don't think I could deal with it myself. It would tear me apart.

It calls for a special individual. One that is fair, even if there are mitigating circumstances where the rest of us would just want to exact vengeance.

Someone suited to the army, or marines could not do the job. You just don't have the same rules of engagement...

The judgement factor, and ensuring that the right thing is done comes into play. Even after seeing horrible stuff every day, 365 in a row, the worst that humanity can be. And also people who are trapped into situations and places that they never wanted to be in...

The flip side is dealing with people with all of the advantages, no reason to be criminal - dealing with it all.

With fairness...

And at times seeing justice impossible to be had, but under the rules letting perpetrators just go... Because if the rules don't matter there is no law.

They are the Knights in Armor of the modern world and our civilization. NOT Crusaders, but village protectors who make our day to day existance possible by preventing evil from taking advantage of the weak.

A COP is sworn to Valour

His heart knows only VIRTUE

His SHIELD defends the helpless

His strength upholds the WEAK

His testimony speaks only TRUTH

His service undoes the WICKED!

POLICEMEN are the Dragonhearts of today...

GOD Bless our BLUE KNIGHTS

Last edited by Greywolf; 10-01-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Leader
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If only that were true.... Polish your rose colored glasses Greywolf.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
could i be a cop? yes.....would i want to be? HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the few years i was working security in the Navy was bad enough, from whiny snobby dependents, to drunks, to real security issues, to the dopes working for me, by the time my 3 years were up, i was all the more happy to leave. 1 year into my security duty, i hated it so much i requested sea duty again, but they denied me because of how undermanned security was.

i couldn't even imagine handling all the political relations bs that goes on with civilian law enforcement, i commend them for it, a friend of mine is a cop out in portsmouth va, he is trying to get into the marshals now though because he is getting a bit burned out on the street beat.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I hear you

Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
79-400-POWER
Posting Guru
thats not true all the time. some times they can be twisted worse than the crook.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,440 Likes on 4,383 Posts
Could I be a cop??? Heck no...couldn't pay me enough to strap a gun on my hip and deal with the crazies out there these days!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,282 Likes on 2,281 Posts
back in the old days, when a cop got respect, it was a fun and interesting job.
now days though, it seems like every butthole and their brother are just waiting for someone in uniform to cross their paths so they can take a few potshots at them, or try to run them over with a car.
cops of today get no respect, and are not wanted around from the general population, until the general population needs them.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
70blue
Postmaster
If I agreed with all the laws it would help. Some of the laws I could not enforce and sleep well. A leo has to enforce all laws whether he agrees with them or not. I also do not feel like I would have the correct amount of restraint in certain situations. It takes a special kind of person for sure.

Last edited by 70blue; 10-01-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
i agree to0 an extent with 70blue, some of the laws are misguided and unfair. at the same time upon graduation from high school i am going to study CJ (criminal justice) and plan on become a police officer. i personally feel that everyone should serve their country, and since i have to many knee injuries and cant be accepted into the military, this is a way i can still serve my country, i am very well suited mentally and physically for the stresses of the job.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
wizzard351
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's no way i could be a cop! dont think i could hold back from beatin the crap outa some one thats messed with a kid or beat there wife. plus i'll admit im scared as heck of cops, i dont realy do nutin wrong but when i do some thing dumb i dont want them to be there to tell me about it either.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
If it ever comes to fighting on our own ground - THINK ABOUT IT.....

The Police and Firefighters will be the FIRST IN.

Marines and troops will come later.

All of the above come from right down the street. Don't hate them - they love us more than we know. They ARE us.

Can we please treat them as people?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
bhardy501
Elder User
I think I will stick to being a paramedic. I dont like the thought of someone shooting at me. Id rather help cleanup when its done.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
bhardy501
Elder User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
If it ever comes to fighting on our own ground - THINK ABOUT IT.....

The Police and Firefighters will be the FIRST IN.

Marines and troops will come later.

All of the above come from right down the street. Don't hate them - they love us more than we know. They ARE us.

Can we please treat them as people?
Dont forget about EMS folks. We are get there at the same time they do sometimes before they do. Also when the fireman or polce officer comes out the door helping an injured person, who do you think they are looking for, they are looking for the first medic around to hand that person off to. We all work well togethor in some bad situations.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Could I do it? Probably, I've thought about actually doing it. But then I realize that it almost seems like criminals have more rights than the cops these days and I would probably get fired or put in jail for handing out my own form of justice.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Have you got double logins?

Quick Reply: Could you be a COP?