Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
nwragge99
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2001 Lightning about 3 months ago. I absolutly love it. The only problem is the supercharger belt keeps eating off the front rib, and squeals all the time. I have replaced all of the idler pullies and the tensioner, along with a new belt. It looks like it's riding along the edge of the left idler pully on the cross bracket. It is now starting to eat the front rib off again. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Something is misaligned, forcing the belt off center. (I know, I know, DUH! But I had to post it!)

I'm not sure how to go about discovering which pulley is causing the problem.

Are all of your pullies OEM? No aftermarket pullies, correct?

Stewart

Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
nwragge99
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya, there all OEM. I have tried to adjust the pullies with spacers and it still does the same thing. I called the guy that I bought it from and he said that it started doing it after the heads were replaced because of blown spark plug. it was done at a ford shop. this might be a stupid question but have you ever heard of the cross bracket being bent?