Sponsored by: DP Tuner

More noise than I want

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 AM
01lariat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More noise than I want

This is probably a stupid question, but I am curious if ther is a way to quite the noise in the cab after I installed a 4" exhaust turbo back system. It is a little louder than I would like and I havent even hooked it to the 5th wheel yet. Thanks for any advise.
01 lariat

Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Lots of folks ar einstalling a product called "B-quiet", which is a peel-and-stick product that comes in roll form. You have to remove seats, carpet/vinyl flooring, trim, door panels, roof liner, etc. Then you do the peel-n-stick install, using a small roller to make sure that it is securely pressed into the various curves and contours, and then re-install everything. The headliner in a Crew Cab, though, cannot come completely out without creasing it, so folks are just dropping it down and shifting its location around in the cab while working around it.

Do a search for "b-quiet", and you'll find several threads that talk about it. Everyone seems to find that it makes a big difference.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 804 Likes on 614 Posts
I got more drone than I bargained for when I put in my 5" exhuast. I love the sound at freeway speeds, but my wife always asks me to roll up the windows when we are driving on the surface streets and I like to listen to the Cannon. That wasn't part of the plan!
I'm working on something that will quiet it down, but it will be a while. Sort of a back burner project with all the rest of the duties that I have right now.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 01lariat
This is probably a stupid question, but I am curious if ther is a way to quite the noise in the cab after I installed a 4" exhaust turbo back system. It is a little louder than I would like and I havent even hooked it to the 5th wheel yet. Thanks for any advise.
01 lariat
What I would do is buy one of these, and install it as far forward as you can. I put a muffler delete pipe on my stock 3.5" exhaust, and installed one of these, as far forward as I could, and its actually pretty quiet. Its another straight through muffler, but for 48ish bucks shipped I think its worth a shot for you. Im sure you can get stainless to match your system if you have a stainless, but this ones been on my truck a year now, and through a PA winter with lots of winter interstate driving (salt galore) and looks to be pretty good shape still, with no rust. The link I gave is for the 4" version, youll need that and two band clamps. I would really give it a shot, just like I said, install it as far to the front as you can. Its a straight through design so it shouldnt really affect your EGTs either.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D24217&N=700 +0&autoview=sku

Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Mallo
Junior User
We're about to start a two layer system. The first layer is a 8th inch layer of insulite and then the second layer is a butale / asphalt layer. I'll get the brands from my wife and or the link where she got the materials from and post it up. That is my weekend project in fact taking out the seats and putting in the sound proof and paint / dye the vinyl.

Mallo