2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the noise in the dash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:32 AM
tooldad
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SDTruckMan,
I am having the same dash noise issue with my '06 F150 (28k miles) with automatic climate control. It has gotten progressively worse over time and actually bothering my wife more than me (hey, that's odd!). Only recently (1 week ago) I noticed the heat fluctuation issue which seems to be intermittant. The noise is there most of the time, to varying degrees of annoyance, whether the climate control is on or off.

I am scheduled to take it in for service Monday. will let you know what my local dealer says.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
bassaway
Senior User
I am going to try to dive into my dash this weekend and see if I can put my hand on what is making that noise.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:26 AM
tooldad
Elder User
Okay, took my truck in Monday for service. They determined my issue was as expected, the hot/cold air control accuator. Had to order the part, so I had to return the truck Thursday for replacemment. Well, they say the replacement part is defective, though it works better than the original and the noise seems to be gone. So, second replacement on order. Due next week.

Merry Christmas and i will check back in once the repair is complete.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:38 PM
bassaway
Senior User
Tooldad, could you let us know what the part# is for the actuator. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tooldad
They determined my issue was as expected, the hot/cold air control accuator.
Thats what the mechanic said to me when he listen to mine, and when I picked up the truck the SM said the same thing but said its normal and they started a new truck and it did the same thing.
The automatic climate control sucks, most the time its either real hot or on the cool side. So something is not working right.
I guess im gonna take it back in after the holidays are over and see what i can do.
You guys think I should take it to the same dealership or a different one.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 PM
burner879
Senior User
If you bought the truck new from a dealership then you should take it back to that dealership. They have an obligation to try and make you happy. IMHO.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:02 AM
tooldad
Elder User
HVAC Blend Door P/N

Motor ***'y - P/N 4L3Z*19E616*BA
Due to arrive today.

Originally Posted by bassaway
Tooldad, could you let us know what the part# is for the actuator. Thanks!

Old 12-24-2007, 07:04 AM
tooldad
Elder User
My Automtaic Climate Control seemed to work very well until just recently. I bought it in July '06 and have ~30k miles on it already. Would be more upset if it were not under warranty.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:49 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by burner879
If you bought the truck new from a dealership then you should take it back to that dealership. They have an obligation to try and make you happy. IMHO.
Yeap bought her new, however I have mixed feelings over the selling dealership as they did some other minor warranty work for me on the truck and in the process left two gouges in my front bumber cover.(long story). So that didnt make me happy, thus the reason for me using a different dealer. They probably would fix the problem, but not sure i want any more dings,scratches from them. Ya know fix one problem, create another crap.

I guess I just have the feeling that if I take it back there that they will think that its no big deal and they dont have to worry about being careful cause hes gonna bring his truck back anyway. If I dont go back, then they know that they really did screw up.

The other dealer i guess thinks that the noise is normal and i shouldnt worry about it.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:27 PM
tooldad
Elder User
Second replacement actuator motor ***'y came in Monday. Had it installed today. Took approximately 2.5 hours. Everything seems to be working okay. Fingers crossed.

Good luck SDTruckMan.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
fomocona
New User
Originally Posted by SDTruckMan
Yeap bought her new, however I have mixed feelings over the selling dealership as they did some other minor warranty work for me on the truck and in the process left two gouges in my front bumber cover.(long story). So that didnt make me happy, thus the reason for me using a different dealer. They probably would fix the problem, but not sure i want any more dings,scratches from them. Ya know fix one problem, create another crap.

I guess I just have the feeling that if I take it back there that they will think that its no big deal and they dont have to worry about being careful cause hes gonna bring his truck back anyway. If I dont go back, then they know that they really did screw up.

The other dealer i guess thinks that the noise is normal and i shouldnt worry about it.

I monitor webpages on behalf of Ford and I hope you don't mind me crashing this thread. I'm sorry to read about your problem with your truck. I'm not a mechanic so I can't give you any specific advice about repairs. However, if your Ford dealership does not resolve your concern to your satisfaction, or if your problem is resolved and you'd like to share your feedback, please contact us at www.ford.com or call the Ford Customer Relationship Center 800-392-3673 (FORD).<O</O

Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
I have a appointment Monday to see if I can get this issue resolved. Seems to be getting worse, as it is alot more intermitent now.
Something about having the heater blow cold air in the middle of winter just doesnt make sense.
Im gonna be pissed if the dealer tells me he cannot duplicate problem !!!! and I need to bring it back.!!
Thanks for info fomocona

Old 01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
tooldad
Elder User
Talking

Thus far my noise and heat problems are still gone. Seems it is fixed. Good luck, SDTruckman.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:50 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Well here we go again..They are unable to duplicate problem.

They hooked it up to some test that measures hot/cold and couldnt get it to throw any codes. They are going to look at it again tomorrow to see if they can get it to do something.

Tooldad.. just to confirm for your truck you had what sounded like a coffee pot percolating in the dash area? Did you have cold air blowing in when hot air should have been? I mean like the air conditioner was on, not just cooler air or how about hot air that wouldnt cool down, when you made a adjustment on the automatic climate control.?

SD

Old 01-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Ciggy
New User
I monitor webpages on behalf of Ford and I hope you don't mind me crashing this thread. I'm sorry to read about your problem with your truck. I'm not a mechanic so I can't give you any specific advice about repairs. However, if your Ford dealership does not resolve your concern to your satisfaction, or if your problem is resolved and you'd like to share your feedback, please contact us at www.ford.com or call the Ford Customer Relationship Center 800-392-3673 (FORD).

I don't want to be a smartie pants but this does no good..I've have a driver side mirror that jumps around like a rabbit in heat..dealer replaced mirror with same result..called Cust. Service..got a nice sounding voice from Florida..after talking with the supervisor they decided that Ford engineered the mirror to dance...that's normal..they all do it...so at 14k miles, I have a mirror that dances to it's own beat..very fustrating...

Quick Reply: Whats the noise in the dash...