Sponsored by: DP Tuner

downgrading

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Dizz0129
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
downgrading

im thinking of changing the lift on my PSD to a 4inch from a 6inch.. the kit i have right now is the skyjacker softride and i was wondering if i could change it to be a 4inch by changin blocks and removing leafs
if so how many leafs is the 4inch kit?
and also, is there added leafs on the back and blocks?
im replacing my shocks real soon and people told me my truck looks out of place with 35's on a 6inch so i thought of doing this
would i need to change the pitman arm?

thanks for all the help guys

Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 AM
kbeefy
Cargo Master
Received 289 Likes on 218 Posts
lemme see if I can remember this stuff...

I think the rear suspension is an extra block. change the 4" to a 2" to make it a 4" lift. You'll probably need different ubolts as well.

In the front you'll need different springs... I'm not sure about the leaf count.
You MIGHT need to remove the trac bar relocation bracket, take a look at the drag-link vs trac-bar angle. I think you'll be ok w/ the swaybar end links and shocks.

While your changing, I'd suggest changing to some better fron't springs. You won't believe the diffence. I'd suggest RCD, Donahue (Deaver), or Rubicon Express. They all sell springs that will make your skyjackers ashamed to be springs and your truck much more enjoyable to drive.

Save your old bits, after all this work your real close to having a 6" kit to sell. Have you considered just buying some 37-38" tires? I think those are about the perfect size for a SD, check my gallery for a SD+ 6" on 38's. Only rubbed a bit in the bumps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think they only make a 4" pitman arm, the trac bar bracket makes up for the other 2"

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Dizz0129
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i cant seem to find any good long lasting tires that fit on R16's except for 315/75's i sort of wanted toyo open countrys m/T's but they only have 35's for 16's so i wanna make it look normal and not outta place