towing with a navigter

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM
hernando
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
towing with a navigter

anyone ever tow with a lincoln navigater ? i have a 1999 85000 miles a 5.4 it has air bags on the rear , it came with a towing package...but i worrie about the air bags,,i am going to be towing a 30 ft. travel trailer the weight is about 7500 lbs...any thoughts on this ? thanks for any help or ideas bruce

Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

Bruce -

Your best bet is to have that 30' TT weighed when it's loaded up with water, propane, clothes, food, pots/pans and anything else you're gonna take along; that way you'll know exactly what you're dealing with.

If the rear air bags are from the factory, they'll help keep the TT level automatically; if they're aftermarket you'll have to inflate them accordingly. Either way, the bags are a plus.

Steve

Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
97squarebody
Senior User
Hello all;

Several things to keep in mind in this situation is the loaded weight of the trailer vs the max capacity of the vehicle, and how far and often you are towing. The Navigatior is a capable tow vehicle, but if you are right on top of the max weight and you plan on towing long distances regularly, you might have an issue. If you are just running down the road a few miles a few times a year (also assuming you are not in steep mountains), you can get away with running the vehicle on the max rating.