SPOUT open circut? only 8 to 15 degrees plus base.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
SPOUT open circut? only 8 to 15 degrees plus base.

Well going through this truck, I have codes KOEO 11, (pass)
But KOER 44 Thermactor system fail. Checked air pump, TAD, TAB, electrical and vaccum, All good.
I do have a "Lazy O2 sensor" so I'll credit the "44" to that.

But after all this the damn thing still stalls on start-up. (Rebuilt engine too)
Checking base timing, SPOUT out, it's 10 BTDC, Rock solid.

Plug in SPOUT and its' supposed to be base +20 (+/- 3). For a total of say 30 BTDC.
With SPOUT in I get 15 to 22 ish, jumping all around.

Ford Pinpoint test P4 says;
"SPOUT out, Key Off wait 10 seconds.
DVOM on 200 Ohm
Measure resitance between test pin 36 at the Breakout box and pin 2 (SPOUT pin) at the TFI vehicle harness.

Questions: Which is Pin 2 on SPOUT? the one going into the harness, or the one going to the TFI?
and Using the DVOM in Ohm scale does the black lead go in 36 of the Breakout box, (since the black lead on the DVOM is the one pushing the power), or the red????

I did it black at box got over 1 meg Ohm.
The manual says Over 5 ohms Service open circut. Is this a broken wire somewhere in the harness?

It's been 5 years of stalling, everything replaced, This truck is NOT going to win!
Reamer

Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 233 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by reamer
Ford Pinpoint test P4 says;
"SPOUT out, Key Off wait 10 seconds.
DVOM on 200 Ohm
Measure resitance between test pin 36 at the Breakout box and pin 2 (SPOUT pin) at the TFI vehicle harness.

Questions: Which is Pin 2 on SPOUT? the one going into the harness, or the one going to the TFI?
Harness going back to the Breakout box (Computer).
and Using the DVOM in Ohm scale does the black lead go in 36 of the Breakout box, (since the black lead on the DVOM is the one pushing the power), or the red????
With the computer NOT hooked to the Breakout box it does not make any differnce.
I did it black at box got over 1 meg Ohm.
The manual says Over 5 ohms Service open circut. Is this a broken wire somewhere in the harness?
If you did it right then yes it would be a broken wire or bad pin (open circuit). Wiggle the harness with the meter on it.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,729 Likes on 1,399 Posts
You are only supposed to have base + 20 when you are in the test mode. During normal running, the timing can be anything the computer decides it should be based on all the sensor inputs.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Yep, In test mode (trigger the STI and start engine) I get the same as "normal" timing with Spout IN, Timing jumping all over from 15 to 23 ish.