Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Blew a tire...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blew a tire...

on the way home from our trip. Well, not technically "blew"---the entire tread separated on the front right.

Short story long... it was in the 'new' truck... now there is a big dent in the door (two actually), the mudflap is practically ripped off, the fender is way out of alignment, the wheelwell is all torn up and when the tread separated is spun down the side of the truck leaving rubber (easilly washed off) and scratches from the steel belts.

Needless to say... I'm a bit upset.

Not sure if it's worth going to Firestone about it... even though the tires still had plenty of tread on them, I strongly suspect they were the OE tires... sporting just over 70k (3.5k in the last two weeks) on them.

Other than that, the trip was great.

STan

Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what a bummer, is sucks to have a good trip and then have something like that end it. Dought it will make a diffrence to see firestone, they will say that the tire was not properly inflated and the tire got hot as a result and the tread then seperated.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
78fordtruckgirl
Freshman User
You mean we're twinkies! I still haven't gotten the door on blue fixed. Seriously though, that does suck. I'm glad you both are okay.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Keeler
New User
There is another guy on another forum i frequent that had the same thing happen to him. It was also a firestone tire!