Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

GTG stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GTG stuff

Been going through my GTG box. I know, but I had to break down and get rid of the old burlap sack and go high tech with a gin u wine cardboard box.

I have DVD's of the photo shoot. Both of the original footage and the finished Bold Moves DVD. They are free to anyone who attended. For others I would like a donation of $3.00 to the KS chapter fund to pay for postage and cost of the DVD.

For those of you who haven't attended a GTG recently we have stuff going on. After the 50/50 drawing I have a number of items that I have been giving away. Koozies, key chains, hat pins, spotter cards and stickers. Some we have a drawing for and others are just given to those who would like them. I need more ideas for these items as it's time to reload my box.

And we have the TOTGTG prize. Bring your Ford truck to a monthly GTG and you are entered in the Truck Of The Get To Gether contest. Everyone who attends has a vote. Thing is you can't vote for your own truck.

Let me know what you guys are thinking.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
I think the prizes are a great idea, as well as the totg2g. Makes it a little more fun. For those thinking of attending, but haven't you really should go. it is a great laugh, great buch of people, and allot of fun. (and always good food)

Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....oh, sure....rub it in!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:11 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Just thought maybe folks had there fill of Koozies (insulated can holders) and Ford key chains. Any ideas on what to replace them with?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beers to fill the Koozies???

Last year, at our "big" statewide meet, we had various um... trinkets? that were sent from FTE. Included were T-shirts, some Blue Oval Catalogs, ball caps, bumper stickers, etc. (In fact, that's where I got my FTE Kansas Chapter T-shirt!!)

I'm not sure what I'd add. I was headed to the Manhattan meet to meet folks. (especially you, HappyJack...I gots a pile of questions for ya!) And I guess that's where my focus lies when putting together meets here on the Missouri side. Meeting folks.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:19 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Well ask away.

Now that's the thing isn't it. Getting folks to come out to events. Or even getting them to post on the board. I have tried to put most of my time and resorces into those good folks that are in the KS chapter. They have proven in the past that they deserve it.

So we have the post of the month prize. That is my way to say thank you to folks that take the time to share with this Ford family what is going on. Now that is on this board and it was voted that it be for KS Chapter members only. Winner has the choice of a cash prize that must be awarded at a GTG (sneeky aren't I), a KS Chapter T-shirt, or a one year subscription to Club FTE. So membership does have it's perks, but membership is not automatic. Like most things worth while, it needs to be earned. Anyone who apply's for membership to the KS Chapter will get PM's from me. But many have never posted and never will in the KS Chapter and makes it hard to understand why someone wants to join when they don't want to be around. I keep trying and trying with those folks though.

TOTGTG is a new deal that I started when we had a GTG with just one Ford truck in the parking lot. It has a cash prize and is open to anyone who shows up.

I still have a stack of FTE stickers from Jason from our Multi Chapter GTG's last year. Those are available to anyone who shows up at a GTG. We also have a KS Chapter store and I try to keep a supply of KS Chapter stickers on hand. And I provide spotters cards to all who would like them.

Now don't get me wrong I understand that if there were no FTE we would not have this place. And I keep FTE in everything I do as you can see above. But my vocus is on the KS Chapter. That's what it says on the top of the page and this is the place I like. Lots of great folks in the KS Chapter and I'm proud to be among them.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by tcbofade
Beers to fill the Koozies???
Well if we have events where we are in and down for the night that would be great. But it just seems like trouble to have free beer at an event that folks need to drive home from.

We will have the Camp, Shoot, and Wheel weekend with the Off-Road Gang at Tuttle Creek ORV area this November.

My taste is a bit different and I have a bottle or three of sippin whiskey for the campfire at night just before we hit the sleeping bags.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:41 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Jack, we might hit up some Ford dealers to see if we could get a few door prizes for the g2g's. Hats always seem to be something that folks like along with other stuff. Maybe we could have a dealer in the area where we have the g2g toss in some door prize stuff. I would be willing to check with a couple of area dealers if we are up this way again. i.e. the November gathering.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
If anyone wants to take this on then great. I have just found it is easier to pick up some stuff from Clint's work. I need to go tomorrow and get some stuff at Ace Hardware. Harbor Freight is close and I thought I'd check the sale bins near the front for some stuff.

Hats are a great idea. I'll do some checking on that.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:47 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like the hat idea too, need something to cover my bald head lol

Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
The GTG box runith over. I have stuff for kids of all ages. And I need to warn the grownups not to take the younins stuff.

Now the hat thing is kind of a big deal. Hat's go for as much as t-shirts these days and the cost of one hat kind of blows the prize budget for almost 3 months. I was able to work some Neckred Jomo and do have ball caps to give away. I have 9 and enough other little goodies to last for at least 9 months. Maybe longer if I let the adults have at some of the youngins stuff.

New spotter cards are on order and will be ready tomorrow afternoon. I just need to get some envelopes for the TOTGTG prize and for POTM if the winner chooses to receive the prize at a GTG.

Lets

Just a quick addition. I went to Harbor Freight for stuff this time.

Last edited by HappyJack; 08-24-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Haha, that neckred jomo works everytime lol

Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I tought you'd like that.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
You are right about the hats though, seems a guy could pick up a lid for $5, nowadays you can't get a decent hat for under $20

Old 08-25-2007, 05:52 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
You can still get the fall apart fit like sh..........eh sh........... eh bad hats with no logo for $5. But good hats start at $16.

I found another hat so we have 10. But when these are gone it will take some doin for more.

Quick Reply: GTG stuff