Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pan plug thread size

Old 08-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Ed in Maine
Elder User
Ed in Maine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil pan plug thread size

Anyone know what this thread size is off the top of their head? I need to pick up a new plastic wash/gasket and figured I would get one of those magnetic plugs. I just get a drop or two a day straight from the drain plug.

Ed

Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Ed in Maine
Anyone know what this thread size is off the top of their head? I need to pick up a new plastic wash/gasket and figured I would get one of those magnetic plugs. I just get a drop or two a day straight from the drain plug.

Ed
There is already a magnet in the tip of the factory plug. All you need is a sealing washer. Get a supply of brass ones and replace it every time you drop the oil.
Size is 14x20x1.5 mm. I buy them by the hundred lot for use at work.
There is no such thing as a reusable sealing washer unless it's a rubber o-ring inside a machined groove.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Ed in Maine
Elder User
Ed in Maine is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's what I was looking for. Mine has a white plastic washer on it right now, obviously not doing the job. Will pick up some brass ones. I think I have seen them at the automotive stores in the little plastic boxes labeled "help" or something like that. I have only changed the oil once so far, did not remember if it had a mag tip or not but I suspect it does if that is OEM stock.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
bronco252
Junior User
bronco252 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine has a copper washer from the factory. Does the brass work just as well? I've been buying my copper ones from a hardware store 10 at a time. Real cheap from them, I think the dealership gets about $4 bucks a washer. I buy 10 for less than that and change it at every oil change.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Tenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud of
I just ordered a Fumoto, finally. Soon this will be a thing of the past. Thanks for reminding me to get one with this thread. My fresh oil and filter are standing by.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
stroken
Posting Guru
stroken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.stroken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
you can go to advance auto parts, i guess they have them where ever you are, thats where i got mine. was like 2$ and they looked it up on the computer there for me..

Old 08-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bronco252
Mine has a copper washer from the factory. Does the brass work just as well? I've been buying my copper ones from a hardware store 10 at a time. Real cheap from them, I think the dealership gets about $4 bucks a washer. I buy 10 for less than that and change it at every oil change.
Sorry, I meant copper in the earlier post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.