5.4L with great Power!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 06:43 PM
trun3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4L with great Power!

Before buying a Supercrew with a 5.4L I had test driven a few and decided that the power was so-so and any add-ons (intake, chip, exhaust) would be nice to have.

I had also seen many posts about the lack of power that the F150's have.

That said- I don't know if I got a peach or what but the one I finally bought seems to have loads of punch. I break the tires loose without even trying. I still plan on adding exhaust and a FIPK but am pleasantly impressed.

Anyone else with similar experience???

Tony

PS. As a note, I have a pretty good seat-of-pants power gauge. All but one of my vehicles has been a V8 and my wife and I are currently finishing a '65 Chevy truck with 400+ HP/TQ.

Old 05-10-2001, 10:57 AM
econoline
New User
5.4L with great Power!

Hi!

I also must have got a peach. I bought mine used, it had 68,000kms on it (about 45,000 miles?). If you touch the throttle a bit too much, the tires break loose without even trying.

Tire traction is not the problem, I bought another set of rims for winter tires, and had the original set replaced. The originals, new replacements, and winter tires all break loose if you're not careful when hitting the pedal from a standstill.

There are no mods at all, it's bone stock. I purchased it from a Ford dealer, it was a 'fleet' van used by the employees of Ford. It was never privatley owned before I got my hands on it.

It's a regular bullet! I just hope I don't end up with any of the problems the others on this forums have experienced with the 5.4.

Harry

Old 07-16-2001, 10:40 PM
fordextreme
Senior User
5.4L with great Power!

HI, I have a 5.4 that seems to have a lot to be desired. Could i ask what your computer codes are? I have a idea that it might be my chip. The code is located on a white sticker with a bar code on it. I foudn mine at the front of my drivers side door. If you coudl let me knwo what your code is i woudl really apreciate it. Thanks
Sean

Old 08-28-2001, 08:55 PM
fordextreme
Senior User
5.4L with great Power!

Ive heard of a rumor. I heard that ford during production of the 5.4 began switching the plenum, heads, and Y pipe giving their enging s a rather great improvement. Dont know if its true or not but sure could be.

Old 08-29-2001, 05:41 PM
Lok_N_Load
New User
5.4L with great Power!