Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

harley paint problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 AM
bigdave1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question harley paint problems

I am knew so bare with me, but I am wondering if any or all of the harley truck owners have had paint issues, mine is a 2000 I bought new, had various problems with no solutions from dealer, who went out of business finally, and ford just kept telling me to take it to that dealership, the paint has the contamination on the hood and top, never was right and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they ever did get it fixed? I had also bought the lightning lights from ford for way too much,when I got the truck and they filled with water everytime I washed it, still have them in the boxes but never got them replaced either, any ideas at all...thanks folks

Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
dsblk93gt
Junior User
My hood appears to have been repainted, but the original owner says no....so....

Old 08-15-2007, 09:58 AM
harley f150
Senior User
The paint on my 2000 isn't spectacular, but doesn't look too bad. Most of the problem was lack of care from the previous owner.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
bigdave1
New User
well what I have found so far is that there had a few tech bulitens regarding contamination of product before paint, i bought this truck new and the paint on the hood started bubbling up in 3 small areas, and upon close inspection has uncountable small blemishes were apparantly the base coat or primer just failed, I had discussed this numerous times at the dealership, who among other reasons went out of business, and even ford just kept saying take it back to the dealership, I was supposing others had problems since there were ford publications regarding this issue, and wondered if any has had similar issues and or recieved resolution. Thanks again.