6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Regen cycle soon to be a memory

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Tornitron
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates on this? The regens are driving me crazy.

Last edited by Tornitron; 08-21-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sig photo is.... awesome.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
dunn6253
Freshman User
I hate to bring the bad news, but when I went to the 6.4 Ford training class I was told if you do anything to the exhaust, then it would be a 10,000 dollar federal fine and the warranty would be void. If you touch basically any part of the exhaust system then you need to remove the cap and retorque and replace basically every exhaust bolt and nut there is. If you do return to the dealer, they are absolutly 100 percent going to call back 6.4 parts. International and Ford are going to court over 6.0 repairs, so there will be a strict watch on 6.4's also.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
TheACguy
New User
Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
I just got back from the dealership for a warranty repair. Nothin major, just one of my reverse lights went out. I asked the guy how strict they were on tuned vehicles....... He said that it takes a lot of work to determine if a truck has been previously tuned or not. Basically he said if I return the truck to stock program and put my stock exhaust system back on I can get any warranty repair needed. Just some FYI to anyone who might be thinking about a tune or something similar. But this is the dealership near me, your's might be different.
Can I ask you what dealership this is? It would be nice to know who is mod friendly and who isn't.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Everyone who wants to mod their vehicles should know what they are risking. This tune that I have mentioned is labeled for off-road use only, so yes if there is some cop that wants to be enough of a pain in the *** you can get a hefty fine. Basically in the area of the country, of may I say Texas, that I live in nobody really cares, or has any clue what the new emissions regulations are. So I do not have to pass any emissions testing, and only have to have my truck inspected for safety reasons once a year. Basically what I'm saying is, if you want to play, be prepared to pay!

But you know what, I have owned several vehicles over that past few years, not a single one of them has had a functioning catalytic converter on it, and none of them have had a legal muffler on them. Have I gotten a fine, no. Have I gotten a noise complaint, no. Will these new emissions laws be enforced more than the catalytic converter laws were when they were introduced? I can't tell you that, only time will tell. But I'm willing to take that risk to get rid of a piece of equipment that I believe causes more harm to me than good. Yes it's good for the environment, but if this thing heats up and catches my ranch on fire, well what causes more smoke then?

OK, it's too early in the morning for me to be preaching. I just got back from a long drive from the bar. And as far as the whole dealer repair idea, I would believe their word until my truck has been delivered back to me. Somebody always says one thing then a day later says something completely different.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just my .02 on the subject : I live in So. California , The local police ,Highway patrol ,ect ..are not trained or care to do vehicle road side emmission equipment checks. They can't even ask if your here legal or not. Years ago the state had a rolling spot check program , but NAFTA and many other polical problems ended them. The odds of getting pulled over for a Exahust check is very unlikely. Even when offenders were found back then, they just made you fix it, no big deal.
Diesels are not smogged (yet) anyways.

I dont think were at the point (yet) were modding your new truck will cost 10k in fines.

Last edited by supeRobertduty; 08-22-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
cHiLi 11
Senior User
I took my truck is last week for this update and to fix my rear view mirror. They called me at the end of the day and said the update was complete and ready to be picked up. I made sure to look at the invoice, and sure enough the work was complete. Since its been back everything feels normal, but I will keep you all updated.

Nick

Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Originally Posted by cHiLi 11
I took my truck is last week for this update and to fix my rear view mirror. They called me at the end of the day and said the update was complete and ready to be picked up. I made sure to look at the invoice, and sure enough the work was complete. Since its been back everything feels normal, but I will keep you all updated.

Nick
?? What update? What I've been talking about here is a custom tune produced by SCT.

By the way, they are still in the process to fine tuning the program and getting the exhaust set-up complete. I just bought my Livewire unit and the custom off-road tune should be sent to me when it comes out.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM
cHiLi 11
Senior User
Sorry man, haha....I thought you were talkin about the new update from FORD to help fix a few of the issues customers are having with their new trucks.

Nick

Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
?? What update? What I've been talking about here is a custom tune produced by SCT.

By the way, they are still in the process to fine tuning the program and getting the exhaust set-up complete. I just bought my Livewire unit and the custom off-road tune should be sent to me when it comes out.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Copperkingf250
Junior User
Anyone if BullyDog will be releasing an "offroad" tune?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
I'm sure they will be in time. But right now all I know is SCT is finishing up theirs and working with MBRP for a tuner & exhaust combo. I think superchips is working on one too. I've heard a few small companys claiming they have a tune that kills the regen too.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Copperkingf250
Anyone if BullyDog will be releasing an "offroad" tune?
The bullydog product is a poor product, the tune is not bad but the trans sucks. Slips way too much.
Steer away, wait for the spartan tunes to come out for the Sct better,safer and more dependable.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 AM
hallkk
New User
If you have a superchip check out www.kemperformance.com I'm going to get mine redone here in the next couple of weeks!!!