Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Bad chip possible???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
DUALLYNOTED
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bad chip possible???

Ive been noticing towing problems recently and I finally decided to pull the chip...It just never felt like the truck had the power it really was supposed to have with a chip installed.The Chip on the back is stamped with I believe a nvk4 80..Or something like that..I dont have it in hand now. I believe it had a piece of tape on it from extreme power systems. It came off of the board and the silver box rather easily...My concern is that this chip hasnt been working as after I removed it and Drove the truck I noticed no difference what so ever...Its like it was never there. If someone removed it withhout telling me i never would have know....To me thats a red flag as I feel I should have noticed an immediate difference in the way it ran immediately. The truck is a 2000 f350 dually 7.3. I bought the truck 3 years ago and its always seemd this way as it came with the chip....Its just that now Ive finally become frustrated enough to check. Please...Anyone with any input feel free to chime in...Wnat chip would you people recommend and if maybe I should go with a programmer instead...I know its alittle Long winded but im so aggravated ive gotta do something..Thank you in advance

Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
firefighter0205
New User
Hi, Dually
I also have a allmost identical issue like you. I have a 2001 F-250 SD w/ a 7.3 Ltr engine. I bought this truck from my brother and he had installed a Diablo Chip that plugged directly onto/into the on-board computer [ directly above your left foot under dash] . This chip was not secured to the computer. Usually it is secured by a piece of tape to the box ,thats what I have been told. The local Diablo guy advised me that if at any time this "Chip" had came un-plugged for any reason -->with the engine running or key in the on-position a internal fuse on the board would blow rendering the chip inoperational. To verify this I had my chip tested locally and the chip could not even be read by the P/C based programmer. So I have a chip that dosen't work and I can only imigine what it would have been like . Kinda like all dressed up and no place to go.... This is about all that I can say to your post maybe it will help you.

FireFighter 0205
Clark

Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
DUALLYNOTED
Senior User
thanks.... who did the testing on the chip...i have the same kind..over my left foot but i really dont think its functioning...it was held on with tape also

Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 PM
firefighter0205
New User
The feller that read my codes and tested the Diablo chip was the owner of a great medium size diesel repair shop. I'm talking from F-250's through the 18-Wheeler tractors. He was very up front and he passed my B.S. detector. He had the equipment and the experience to back it up. I guess that I'll have to send it in to Diablo.