New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Our Next GTG

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:50 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by PSD DickW
Everything sounds great so far. When the meeting time is set, I'd like to plan on meeting with you Don and whomever else for the convoy north. Ken, I had planned on making the meet in Vermont, but there didn't seem like there was much participation. Looking forward to this event! BTW is this going to be a rain or shine GTG?
Yeah...turnout was a little sparse...Saturday is a tough day for some...a work day for me.
Unfortunately the turnout reflects the norm...but we're working to get the numbers up and with the help of folks like you we will succeed!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys,sorry i havent been posting in awhile.i'm homeless at the moment,living out of my camper until sept 6.at the public library right now just looking in to see whats up.we'll have to gtg before the end of summer,or maybe in the fall.was thinkin about havin a big bash at the new place maybe in late sept.will be lookin in from time to time ,and once settled will be back to old shenanigans so get ur crap together,and support fte!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3
hi guys,sorry i havent been posting in awhile.i'm homeless at the moment,living out of my camper until sept 6.at the public library right now just looking in to see whats up.we'll have to gtg before the end of summer,or maybe in the fall.was thinkin about havin a big bash at the new place maybe in late sept.will be lookin in from time to time ,and once settled will be back to old shenanigans so get ur crap together,and support fte!!
Shortbed lives!!! See what happens when you don't pay the rent!!! We get a few "Hit and Runs" from CT...not too many...look forward to seeing you nuts sometime soon!!

Old 08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3

Look at it this way Matt.. At least you have a camper instead of a cardboard box..

Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
I definetely Think it should be rain or shine. I understand a lot of people stayed home for Greenfield and it was a beautiful day. It will just make any "side excursion" more interesting. Any confirmation on food? Would BYO Brat be good? Might make it easier for logistics?

Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
I definetely Think it should be rain or shine. I understand a lot of people stayed home for Greenfield and it was a beautiful day. It will just make any "side excursion" more interesting. Any confirmation on food? Would BYO Brat be good? Might make it easier for logistics?

I agree Thirsty... It is rain or shine.. And that is final.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:26 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
BYO Brat...of course we encourage you to bring your kid(s)...they're very tasty with a little steak sauce!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
BYO Brat...of course we encourage you to bring your kid(s)...they're very tasty with a little steak sauce!!!

steak sauce gives me heart burn...

Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Ha ha ha... Really funny. I just thought that NE'ers would know how to say BRAUWWWWWWWWWWWWT. Whatever though. I wont bring any for you guys.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:23 AM
NHTriton
Junior User
If you start in Lincoln then do the Kanc through to Conway, you can do your grilling at Echo Lake State Park.

http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/Parks.../EchoLake.html

Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=NHTriton]If you start in Lincoln then do the Kanc through to Conway, you can do your grilling at Echo Lake State Park.

http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/EchoLake/EchoLake.html[/QUOTE]

Thats the Echo Lake Park off od West Side Rd I was talking about doing as a side trip after.

Looking at a map there is a road that cuts off part of the Kank that leads to the park.

IT sais the park closes Sept 3. Can you still get into the park after that? Can you still do the auto road to the top of the ledge after Sept 3??

Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Made a phone call and it looks as if the park will be closed but available.

The auto road will be open (unstaffed) days only (probably 8am to 6 or 7pm) untill mid to late Nov. We might want to hit the top of the ledge fo some photo ops. Time dependant of course.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Made a phone call and it looks as if the park will be closed but available.

The auto road will be open (unstaffed) days only (probably 8am to 6 or 7pm) untill mid to late Nov. We might want to hit the top of the ledge fo some photo ops. Time dependant of course.
Hey Dan...looks like you have a handle on what's up...might I be so bold as to suggest that you take the bull by the ***** and make up an itinerary for the expedition...let the rest of us know where to meet you and then we can follow your lead? Just be careful...there might be crushed Focus in your future if someone has a brake failure...again!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Hey Dan...looks like you have a handle on what's up...might I be so bold as to suggest that you take the bull by the ***** and make up an itinerary for the expedition...let the rest of us know where to meet you and then we can follow your lead? Just be careful...there might be crushed Focus in your future if someone has a brake failure...again!!!

Hmmmm...Crushed Focus = crushed can return..LOL

Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
I thought I told you the Focus can out corner a 3/4 ton SD......

Ok for time... I'm leaving my house at 6AM and should be at the rest stop near exit by 6:30-6:45.... I'm waiting 15 minutes and I'm leaving. Leasurly time to rest stop in Bow right after tolls will be 8AM. Leave there 8:20 (giving me a little extra time to pick up booze). Guessing be to Lincoln(start of Kank) at 10am-10:30am (may be a bit longer depending on how the booze hit my system ) I'll waite 30 minutes (to finish what ever bottle is open and try to solber up a bit for the windy road. 11am head on down the Kank. I'm in the Focus so by 11:30 I'll be at the other end and head back getting me back to Lincoln at 12noon. Everyone else should be there by then and we all can head down.

Serously though... I don't know what time.

But if we start off early I can have GPS guide us up there without touching 93, but it might take a looooonnnnggggg time.

Quick Reply: Our Next GTG