6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Installing Upfitter Switches on an 08 need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 PM
muddy4x4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Upfitter Switches on an 08 need help

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased upfitter switches for my 08 and I started to install them today. Well I got the fuse box and all of the wireing pretty much in place, but I cannot for the life of me find where to plug in the upfitter harness to the truck harness. The instructions I have say to put your head right where the gas pedal is and then look up and it should be there, but no luck. Has anyone done this yet that could give me some insight? Is the plug in connector tucked up behind something? am I looking in the wrong spot? Is it possible my truck doesn't have this pre-wired?

Thanks guys!!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM
pilotshot
Senior User
I was looking at the Ford Oasis Computer printout at Ford dealership concerning my Trailer Harness Warning and I noticed an Oasis paragraph on fitting upfitter switches. Suggest you go to your Ford dealership and have them print out any Oasis information on upfitter switches. From memory, the item I saw had some good info on installing the upfitter switches from a Ford parts box.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 AM
muddy4x4
New User
Originally Posted by pilotshot
I was looking at the Ford Oasis Computer printout at Ford dealership concerning my Trailer Harness Warning and I noticed an Oasis paragraph on fitting upfitter switches. Suggest you go to your Ford dealership and have them print out any Oasis information on upfitter switches. From memory, the item I saw had some good info on installing the upfitter switches from a Ford parts box.
Somethine like this?

This is what I have, but its really no help when I'm under the dash looking for it.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:07 PM
muddy4x4
New User
Just wanted to update. I got everything working, it was really hard to find where to plug the Harness, it ended up being out of sight above a metal brace, you'll also have to remove a plastic cover on the factory harness which is a big pain in the you know what!!!