Sponsored by:

Old topic....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Machine
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old topic....

Any advice, or thoughts these 2 A/T tires???

Dick Cepek Radial F-C II Tire, 395/80R16

Pro Comp Radial Xtreme A/T Tire, 38.5x14.50R-16

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
well seeing as they are A/T type tires and this is an offroad section i doubt you will find most anyones opinion here valuable

-cutts-

Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 AM
Machine
Senior User
Yeah, I'm seeing that now. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Machine
Yeah, I'm seeing that now. Thanks.
it's ok man, everyone slips up and asks a lame question from time to time. dont be so hard on yourself!

-cutts-

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
it's ok man, everyone slips up and asks a lame question from time to time. dont be so hard on yourself!

-cutts-
You are crackinme up cutts. Just when the guy was catchin a break, you gotta go and rub a little salt on the wound.

Sorry I can't help you with the A/T tire selection. I just do not run those types of tires.
My idea of a street tire is a BFG M/T. That is the least aggressive I get. Heak after the SSR came out, that is my new street tire.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Machine
Senior User
Lame question;
I guess lame like you’re answer.
I guess that’s the type of intelligence I might expect from someone with all that junk as they’re avatar picture.
I was asking about A/T type tire, that I saw in an “OFFROAD” magazine.
I think that because it’s an “all terrain” tire, it’s not up to the superior human being; like you.
Maybe one of these day I can call myself a true “OFFROADER” and have a pile of trash, such as yours there stud!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
highboy1975
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
those sound like fighting words

Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Lame question;
I guess that’s the type of intelligence I might expect from someone with all that junk as they’re avatar picture.
I think that because it’s an “all terrain” tire, it’s not up to the superior human being; like you.
Maybe one of these day I can call myself a true “OFFROADER” and have a pile of trash, such as yours there stud!!!
HAHAHA, what mag petersons or fourwheeler, cause i mean they are all real hardcore! i wish i had a true rig like yours... o wait, do you have a rig? no gallery/pics! instead i have my hunk o junk bronco that i take to GrayRock and Tellico and places like that. o well, one day i will be cool too and be able to cruise the mall parking lot on friday nights!

keep reading those mags and you might learn how to install a Rancho lift on a Z-71 or H2

-cutts-

Last edited by fishmanndotcom; 08-01-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 75F350
Sorry I can't help you with the A/T tire selection. I just do not run those types of tires.
BUT BUT BUT.... i have seen A/T's in offroad mags so you MUST have run a set before. i mean this IS the offroad section and all! A/T's are offroad tires b/c i have seen them in mags!

YOU, 75350 are not a true hardcore offroader and your rig is TRASH!

GHEY

i miss the old crowd... this place has really turned chitty!

-cutts-

Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
Lame question;
you must be joking right?

WTF!!!!

uhhh...........LAME!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:31 PM
stumpbuster
Senior User
HOLY MISUNDERSTANDING BATMAN!

this sight still rocks, don't knock it FISHMAN-
forums aren't smooth sailin' all the time
its obvious reading back on this thread where things went south.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Soilman
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeh, it went south with Fishman's second comment, HA, HA, the first one was all that was needed.

Machine, that was not called for either.

Fishman, what did 75F350 do to deserve that?

I am just joking with you Fishman. I have gotten to know how you post by now and you and me both don't take crap at all.

Machine, you need to grow a thicker skin if you are going to hang around here.

I have never seen a thread go south as fast as this one did! Can't we all just get along? HA, HA, HA

Old 08-01-2007, 06:00 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
BUT BUT BUT.... i have seen A/T's in offroad mags so you MUST have run a set before. i mean this IS the offroad section and all! A/T's are offroad tires b/c i have seen them in mags!

YOU, 75350 are not a true hardcore offroader and your rig is TRASH!

-cutts-
Not too sure how to take that!
I am the first to admit my junk is junk, but it handles the "Johnson Valley Hammers" alright, and my 40 spline 60 holds up ok despite the fact that everyone says that 60's are crap. I may only have 40 inch boggers and not 44's or 49's, but those make a fullsize with full fenders a little too top heavy. I already flopped my 79'. Hated it, but it will happen again. Maybe nextime I will wreck the 75, or even worse, the 74. Either way, I wreck them cuz I use them, and they see some pretty big rocks, and very heavy mud. Might not run everywhere, (I have a tube frame rig for that), but I would be willing to bet that my junk could tow a trailer with someone elses vehicle on it, and I can run the same trails when we get there and still tow them home!
My junk is my junk, and I built it with my two hands, and for that I am proud.
Nuff said.....................

Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
well my original post wasnt actually supposed to be abrasive. i was more or less telling him that obviously here in the offroad section not many of us run A/T's. the best group to ask is the diesel section. they tend to keep their trucks on the road for the most part except when needed and they are heavier so wear will be an issue.

however with his comment to my post he really showed his true colors and decided to get all hostile.

i frankly dont care what he thinks or says, this is the internet and life will take care of business as needed!

and out of curiosity... machine, why did you name this post "Old post..." do you have one out there already named this or something? (was that too abrasive? b/c i am being sincere)

*brew cracking sound*

edit... lol 75350, i know you dont know me as well as i thought you did. i was merely being sarcastic and mocking machine. i have absolutely nothing against you... come to think of it i dont have anything against anyone including machine, i was just caught off guard with has reply to my comment

-cutts-

Last edited by fishmanndotcom; 08-01-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
flcracker9
More Turbo
Leave it to me to get this thread back on track. I do have an opinion on the tires. I have 2 sets of Pro Comps, 1 set of mud terrains, 1 set of all terrains. The mud terrains are on my 86, and I'm not real happy with the wear (I know, they're mud tires). They are only 10 months old, and half gone (9000 miles)?. My all terrains on my 03 SD, are 4 months old, and seem to be wearing just as quickly?. I kind wish I had bought the BFGs. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Old topic....