Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to these sad stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Lizardking
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen to these sad stories

Sad story #1

I go to WM to get 1st oil change on F150. WM says we dont like the look of that drainplug, we arent going to take it out. I go to Ford. Service Rep comes out and says, drainplug needs replacing, cost about $10. Service Rep comes back and says drainplug will not thread, we can have a new oilpan here Monday. HaHa I say, go with a self tapping plug. Service Rep comes out again and says we dont have one here, take about 2 hours to get one and install. 2 hours and $50 later, I have my 1st oil change.

Sad story #2:

I make U-Haul reservation for 6x12 trailer.

U-haul calls me last night, tells me to pick up trailer after 4 today.

I call U-Haul at 5pm, tell them Im picking up a 6x12 trailer today, ask what time they close, 7pm they say.

I drive 20 miles through heavy thunderstorm to get to U-Haul.

Me: Hi, Im here to get a 6x12 trailer.
Asswipe #1; We dont have any of those
Me: You guys called last night, told me to pick up today.
Asswipe #1 to Asswipe #2: You call this guy?
Asswipe #2: Yes
Asswipe #1: Wheres his trailer?
Asswipe #2: District told me to ship it out this morning.
Me: Ok, why didnt you call me?
Asswipe #1: Call the 800 number.
Me: Why didnt you tell me this when I called 1 hour ago?
Asswipe #1 Call the 800 number.
Me: Oh, I will call the 800 number, you guys are asswipes, either one of you want to get pissy with me.
Asswipe #1: You are going to have to leave now.
Me: Kiss my ***, asswipe.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
92F150Flare
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad deal on the plug......I worry about mine sometimes too......I think I'm going to get a self tapper and have it here.....just in case.
Thanks for the warning.

Not much I can say about the U-haul......Anything I say will just get me on a rant about soooo many other places that have asswipes working for them and have TOTALLY forgotten what the words "customer service" mean.

Hope the rest of the trip is uneventful!

Good Luck
Bob

Old 07-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Navy Jet Mech
Senior User
Now I'm worrying about my plug...and I'm changing my oil tomorrow!

As far as the customer service deal goes, I refuse to patronize the Wal-Mart in west Fresno anymore, because they are terrible about re-stocking product and managed by a bunch of dunderheads. That's just one of many apalling things I've seen...

Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Dean88
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't go to walmart, because I had a cousin that has a 1970 Charger that was in pretty good shape, and walmart somehow had a critical lack in communication, because somebody drained the oil, stuck the plug back in, left his shift, the next shift came in thinking the car was done gave it back to my cousin. Thankfully, he caught onto no oil pressure.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Newton007
Senior User
This really happened to my uncle on a 85 Buick. Can I say Buick here? Anyway he went to a well known "service Center" that starts with Grease M.... and when the "service' was finished he took off down the street and made it about two blocks before the engine quit. He had it hauled in on a truck to a GM dealer to find that the engine had no oil, but the transmission was way overfilled.

Now here is something that happened to me. I have always done my own auto repairs myself as I always drove used cars and trucks (all Ford products of course) and for some stupid reason went to Grease M...... for an oil change and grease job.
Right off the bat they stripped out the drain plug in my 73 T Bird. I have changed the oil myself in this T Bird many times over 12 years and never had a problem. Odd I think. When I got home I checked the oil filter to find it was made in China with no english writing on it anywhere. I always used Fram or K and N filters. This filter may have cost all of 50 cents that is if there was any filter paper in it to begin with. Then I really got P****d off. I check my upper ball joints to find that they have NEVER been greased as they were caked with mud, so there is no way they could have been greased. I went back to Grease M..... and (not saying anything at all about the stripped drain plug a extra $13.00 charge to me for a new one or the cheap oil filter) said that "The upper ball joints have not been greased, could you look at them?" The smart mouth manager said "I don't have to look at them, they have been greased" I said "they can't be, they still have mud caked on them". The smart mouth manager refused to even look at them insisting that they were greased.

I went home and got out my grease gun and greased them myself. Changed the "made in China oil filter with a K and N , Changed out the oil with Castrol. I would hate to guess what kind of oil they used. All which I should have done in the first place.
So for the 10 cents worth of grease that I did not get from Grease M..... I decided to tell every one that will listen don't EVER go to Grease M......

Old 07-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Lizardking
Freshman User
Going to WM is like nuclear energy, it can be good or evil.

This time around Im going to give them some credit. Had they pulled the plug, drained the oil, then announced that the plug wouldnt go back in, I would have been pretty unhappy.

I guess its really my fault for being to lazy to change my own oil.

On the way home I picked up 2 hoses and 2 gals of antifreeze, another $50.