Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tweakable Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
dcara
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tweakable Controllers

I brought this up briefly on a previous thread but didn't pursue it because I didn't want to hijack the thread. Anyway, it seems it would be useful to have a manual tune option on controllers with limits for some of the controllable parameters such as:

TC lockup – so you don't have to have a redundant switch that you have to manually flip
Shift points – to suit a particular driving style or load.
Fuel pressure
Trans oil pressure.

I'm sure there are other parameters that more experience folks might want to control. The limits would be there to keep people from going to far, or creating setting combinations that would/might cause problems. I'm thinking these custom setting could be used to tweak in the performance of a paticular truck, driving style, driving environment (such as altitude), or load hauling profile. Not to mention that every truck is likely to wear in differently and hence might benefit from a tweak to various settings. Does anyone know of such a controller.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first two, i know are programmable by tuning, i've sat there and personally watched Jody do it, for me. The trans pressure can only go "so" far before you have to internally modify the pump, however the majority of people will be happy with electronically modified trans pressure. The Fuel pressure, well that's mechanical. So mechanical, you can use a simple BB shot to shim the regulator.