Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

How Likely Is It Ford Will Offer 0% for 60 Months on F-150's Really Soon?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
SeanMatteson
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Likely Is It Ford Will Offer 0% for 60 Months on F-150's Really Soon?!

I ordered a new 2007 SCrew FX4 about a month ago. The order actually went in about 2 days before the cut-off for ordering a new 2007. It was supposed to have been built last week. It should arrive at the dealer around 7/30 give or take a few days. Because I used to work at a local Ford dealership many moons ago, but I still have contacts there, I was able to negotiate a deal where I put $0 down on the deal, and I have the option of walking if the terms aren't right at the time of delivery. Basically, they're not worried about finding another buyer for the truck as ordered.

The arrangement is that I can take advantage of whatever the best incentives are that come out up to the point when I take delivery. The dealer is even willing to hang onto the truck up to 2 weeks after it arrives there for me, just in case the incentives improve.

The price I negotiated back at the end of June is still better than the Ford Family Pricing that is available today. The one thing I was really hoping for was that Ford would bring back the 0% financing for 60 months before I took delivery. Right now they're sitting at 5.9%, and over the course of the 60 months that will equate to almost $8,000 cost of borrowing. I don't think I can afford to shorten the term up to the 36 months they're currently offering the 0% financing for.

Has anyone heard any inside scoop on whether Ford will likely bring back 0% for 60 months sometime in the next couple of weeks? To be honest, unless the Family Pricing is going to become even more aggressive, I could care less whether it's either the Family Plan Pricing OR the 0% for 60 months financing.

Best regards,

Sean

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
Hey Sean. Ford told us from the start of Family Plan it would stay until August 31 st and then not get an extension. After July 31st Ford will analyze market share of pickups especially as compared to GM and adjust as neccessary. We're talking 1% if we are loosing and lead. From the numbers I've seen our leadership is growing. I don't have any inside info, but I would say little if any change. Sorry, but just my opinion

Old 07-24-2007, 06:26 AM
SeanMatteson
Freshman User
Thanks, Jim.

...Don't be sorry. I knew this was a possibility before I placed the order, and I appreciate your take on this.

That's the problem with buying a vehicle that has been so successful; the manufacturer doesn't feel they need to bend over backwards to sell you their product. In my mind, this is the only 2007 model-year pickup truck I would want to own. Now I just have to figure out whether I want it bad enough to be saddled with those payments (it's actually about $6,600 total cost of borrowing over 60 months) in order to have it. I just hate giving the banks money for nothing.

I can't expect the dealership to hang onto this thing until August 31st, so I'll have to make up my mind.

Cheers,

Sean

Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
sewerat
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say ship it to Jim at Blackstock and let them put the FX-6 on it for ya

Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
SeanMatteson
Freshman User
I just got word the truck arrived at the dealership today. I guess the clock is ticking now.

I'll have to think fast.

Thanks guys.

Sean