6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

04 Cruise Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
feusaf
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 04 Cruise Control Problem

I did what I thought was a pretty exhaustive search through the forum here looking for problem similar to mine and have come up empty. Closest problem I've found in the forum was a couple of people talking about Cruise Control and ABS problems. I don't have an ABS problem, so I don't think any of those posts pertain to me?!?

My 04 250, CC, SWB, FX4 has an intermittent problem with the cruise control. The Cruise will ALWAYS hook up fine, but it seems to have something against turning off when I tap the brake pedal. I have learned to always keep my thumb at the ready on the OFF button, just incase it won't disconnect with the brake.

My truck's got damn near 97000 miles and whatever is wrong is probably not under warranty. If it's a sensor or switch that's easy to fix, I should be able to do it myself, shouldn't I?

Just for grins, the truck tends to be a little finicky when trying to shift from PARK to DRIVE. Sometimes I have to push the brake pedal through the floor. Makes me think it's a bad switch on the brake pedal, but I don't even know if there is one there.<O
<O
Any thoughts?<O</O

Jim<O</O

Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Cowboy Brett
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could well be the stoplight switch, especially since you need that switch for the cruise and to disengage the park safety interlock.

To my knowledge, they never moved the stoplight switch. It should be right there under the dash. near where the brake pedal connects to the rod that goes to the master cylinder.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:58 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Check out this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...-question.html It talks about the shift lock solenoid problem also.