1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought Top grade spicer ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Kenworth
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bought Top grade spicer ball joints

As topic said I ordered and bought top and bottom balljoints for both sides they were not cheap. It was 322 dollars for 4 balljoints I hope these suckers last. I still have to pay for them to be installed. I looked up the prices online and the price varies. Some of the prices are higher than what I paid and some are cheaper. I'am a Canadian so the price I quoted is in CND funds.

I'am going to need to have them changed soon I don't know if I can wait till my days off 6 days from now.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 AM
BC Powerstroke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the moog greasable ball joints. I can't remember what I paid as my mechanic buddy gets it at whole sale but the price seems similar. My truck has the lifted level kit and 35" mickeys and so the original closed grease pack ball joints never lasted more than 50,000km. While I was at it I also replaced my sway bar bushing to the energy type. Yesterday I installed bigger and dual steering stabilizer by rough country. Truck runs much better, smoother and much tighter. Well worth the money for those planning keeping there trucks.

Here is another post that has similar infomration regarding ball joints.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...he-market.html
I had no problems with my moog's adn I love them. So far 20,000km adn the front end is tight. Time will tell.

Ford now uses the greasable ball joints in the 08 superduties which explains something.

Last edited by BC Powerstroke; 07-05-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Kenworth
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'am going to have the ball joints installed next week. There is only one that is gone but I might aswell do all 4 because if one isn't too far behind the rest are ready to go.

Anything you can't grease is a pain in the butt same with sealed U joints. I grease my truck once a month. I got in the habit of doing that because I had trucks with king pins. You need to grease them once a month or you have troubles with the grease going hard.