6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Trucks still at dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Bulldog_shotgun
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trucks still at dealer!

i posted last week with a hot no start 6.0 and some guys pointed me in the direction of the HPOP TSB
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...dnt-start.html
so i made an appointment and took the EX in for that to be performed. i also noticed that hot side intercooler hoses and clamps were getting covered in oil.
so they were going to do that TSB as well. friday night i started hearing the Turbo fart, never heard it on this truck before. anyway, the dealer said they replaced the quick connect on the HPOP and it didn't fix the HP oil leak. so they were tearing into it farther. looking for a injector o-ring, or crossover tube leak.
i can't see these problems being related to the turbo fart, but wondered about anybody elses opinion.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldog_shotgun
i posted last week with a hot no start 6.0 and some guys pointed me in the direction of the HPOP TSB
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...dnt-start.html
so i made an appointment and took the EX in for that to be performed. i also noticed that hot side intercooler hoses and clamps were getting covered in oil.
so they were going to do that TSB as well. friday night i started hearing the Turbo fart, never heard it on this truck before. anyway, the dealer said they replaced the quick connect on the HPOP and it didn't fix the HP oil leak. so they were tearing into it farther. looking for a injector o-ring, or crossover tube leak.
i can't see these problems being related to the turbo fart, but wondered about anybody elses opinion.
Are you running mod's, or do they have reason to believe that you may have? They may be looking for evidence. I really HATE to sound paranoid about this, but it's happened (I've read). On the other hand, they may just be very comprehensive, checking everything that may be a potential failure item even if it is unrelated to the farting...