Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Another version of bump bump bump...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Red face Another version of bump bump bump...

Okay, so yesterday I got my 6637 filter and this afternoon I run to home depot to get the forstner bit and such in order to put the thing on. I am so excited to start the modifications. I get home, pop the hood, and start un-clamping the factory airbox and my cell phone rings. A patient of mine, who I told I would see them to just call me when she is ready, calls and says she's ready. So I clip the spring clips back down shut the hood and start to drive up my street and I hear a sort of loud bump bump bump noise that seems linked to the speed of the vehicle. My heart drops..... I can't imagine what this is, so I pull over and pop the hood. I look around, I only touched those two spring clamps and they are tight. Under the hood everything looks to be in order. So I start looking at my tires to see if something is stuck in my treads. And sure enough, there is a big 12 inch long by 4 inch wide peice of heavy packing tape and it was banging against the wheel well on the drivers side.

Whew......

Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
nedaclu
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H,
glad to hear it wasn't 12" x 4" piece of metal.ha

Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know your pain- anytime I do a mod, especially to the fuel system, there's always that period of uncertainty. I fix helicopters, so I know my work is good (they can't pull over if they break down!) but...you know what I mean hehe