2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
MadCowRacer
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner Question

I'm a mustang guy at heart, but bleed Ford blue. I have no desire to supe up my F-250, but my buddy just ordered an F-150 FX4 and wanted me to do some research on a reflash or programmer for his truck. I know that SCT is the ***** for the Mustang followed by the Diablo, but have little knowledge on the truck side. On the stang they are getting 40hp out of a CAI and reflash is it similar with the three valve heads on the truck? Does anyone offer an E-85 tune? He's not a gearhead at all, so simplicity is a must. I was reading some of the other threads and the Edge was mentioned and seemed easy to switch from octane to octane. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Bob Jusnes
Elder User
Since youre from the mustang world, maybe youve heard of BamaChips, an SCT tuner? We sell BamaChips truck tuning all day! He can work the same kind of magic on the trucks as the mustang, and you know how simple an Xcalibrator 2 is, plug it in, push some buttons, unhook it and go. JLT makes a great short ram intake (JLT is also from the mustang world) That we make tunes with and sell as a combo kit as well.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:56 AM
MIKESANDS
Senior User
Originally Posted by MadCowRacer
I'm a mustang guy at heart, but bleed Ford blue. I have no desire to supe up my F-250, but my buddy just ordered an F-150 FX4 and wanted me to do some research on a reflash or programmer for his truck. I know that SCT is the ***** for the Mustang followed by the Diablo, but have little knowledge on the truck side. On the stang they are getting 40hp out of a CAI and reflash is it similar with the three valve heads on the truck? Does anyone offer an E-85 tune? He's not a gearhead at all, so simplicity is a must. I was reading some of the other threads and the Edge was mentioned and seemed easy to switch from octane to octane. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the Bamatunes on my F150, I highly recommend them!

Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
MadCowRacer
Junior User
Thanks, after looking at some other sites and learning about 07 problems with the edge I think I'll be recommending the SCT. I'll send him the link too. Any tunes out there that support E-85? He had to get the flex fuel engine even though I explained the 25% loss of power thing to him.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Bob Jusnes
Elder User
I dont think BamaChips will mess with tunes using E-85 fuel, ive asked in the past. As long as he will use regular gasoline the tunes will work