Sponsored by: DP Tuner

In there, doing it

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 PM
DISLFVR
Locomotive breath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In there, doing it

Well I'm finding out how difficult it is to do the up-pipe doughnuts. Decided to do it this weekend since we did'nt go camping, and wanted to get it done anyhow. Found out where the boost leak and oil leaks are. The up-pipes are grooved so bad that I need new ones and can't get them now till Wed. Just glad stuff came apart without busting any bolts (and knuckles). Laying on top of the motor is a real pain even with a blanket. Would love to get the new style pipes with bellows but funds are tight right now. At least the turbo bearings feel nice and tight with virtualy no play.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:20 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate the factory up-pipes, but like you im going to have to go even cheaper, and just replace the donut gasket, if it last 20K ill be happy since those gaskets are prolly not that expensive to begin with.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 AM
DISLFVR
Locomotive breath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John311t, gaskets were only 11 bucks each. Just bought them alone hopeing my pipes were still good. I figured since I have it apart this far , I'll replace the pipes. Mine were deeply grooved, new doughnuts alone would not have helped.