Moving to Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Tripwire1371
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Moving to Orlando

Hello all,

My new job's relocating me from West Texas to beautiful Florida.
My '06 F-250 PSD CC FX4 and I will be there on the 7th. Oh yeah, the wife's coming too!
If any of you guys have any input on points of interest, performance shops/ areas to visit (or avoid), I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to moving out there and getting out of these damn tumbleweeds!
See ya'll soon!

-Ray

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
HI Ray and welcome to Florida.

Sorry, I can't tell you much about the Orlando area. We do our best to just stay in the forest. Steve & I are about 1 1/2 hrs north in the Ocala area and love it here.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ray, welcome to sunny snowbird infested florida.There's a few good shops and more than a few bad ones...depending on your interests there are quite a bit.I live up in Lake county not too far from Carlene but still an hour away from Orlando...I know how long the drive is because I work there....right now I'm in the heart of downtown to be exact.Drop a line.

Junior

Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Tripwire1371
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flareside_thunder
Hey Ray, welcome to sunny snowbird infested florida.There's a few good shops and more than a few bad ones...depending on your interests there are quite a bit.I live up in Lake county not too far from Carlene but still an hour away from Orlando...I know how long the drive is because I work there....right now I'm in the heart of downtown to be exact.Drop a line.

Junior
Thanks bro, I'm still in Texas at the moment, should be there next Friday or so. I'll drop you a line when I get in.

-Ray

Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
SportCustomWalt
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome

Hello Ray,
Have you got here yet? I'm in Lakeland Florida. I'm just west of Disney. I'm a native of Florida (MIAMI) i came up here 95. I've been to Texas and i can say that the highways are the and heat is too. Well i'm building a 72 F100 Sport Custom and FTE has been help to me. Also you'll be close to Old Town in Kissimee just around the corner of Orlando. They always have alot of Old Car and Trucks meet there. Again welcome to Florida.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lakeland huh?I been there a few times...gotten kicked outta the mudhole too..every time I've gone......lol