Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling

Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 AM
RussellF
Senior User
RussellF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Idling

This may be a stupid question, but who knows how much fuel is used with the PSD idling.......amount per hour? Just curious. I suppose I could do this myself, but I will ask those who have tried it first.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 AM
empiretc
Post Fiend
empiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to behold
~1 gallon every 3 hours.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
RussellF
Senior User
RussellF is starting off with a positive reputation.
oops, sorry for the double post

Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Ed in Maine
Elder User
Ed in Maine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting, that is actually a little higher than I thought it would be. Thanks for the info,
Ed

Old 05-11-2007, 11:37 AM
nlemerise
Postmaster
nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.
I seem to remember something like 1.5 hours per gallon or 1 ounce per 40 seconds...

Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
claw302
Senior User
claw302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
when i worked at the ford dealer there was a article on that. ford said its possible to burn up to 3gallons per hour idleing.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Here's a quote from the common mods/maintenance and general info sticky up top:

Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
Amount of Fuel Burned when Idling:
- at idle of 650-670 rpm, engine consumes about 1 1/3 (1.33) quarts per hour, or about 1/3 gallons per hour.
- at idle of 1200 rpm, engine consumes about 2 3/4 (2.75) quarts per hour, or a little over 2/3 gallons per hour.
info credited to WayneT at TDS

Old 05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by RussellF
oops, sorry for the double post
No problem.

(duplicate threads merged)

Old 05-12-2007, 09:28 AM
empiretc
Post Fiend
empiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
Here's a quote from the common mods/maintenance and general info sticky up top:
One of these days you are going to have to let us know where you get all those wonderful toys.

Thanks for the info!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.