Aerostar Ford Aerostar

"Attention" sun roof pics. are in!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 AM
bozzzz94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Attention" sun roof pics. are in!!!!!!

Well, I hope that I've done this right. I have 48 pics. of my progress to completion (98% that is-still need to reinstall and cut the forward head liner) of my sun roof install. The pics are loaded into the Album: Aero Sun Roof Install. It is also a Tech. Album as well. I went ahead and created a new thread to get everyones attention and not keep building on the old one which was just talking with no pics. I'm still in my learning stage with the pics. so if anyone has a better idea for me so that they can be viewed possibly in a better way please let me know. Again thank you for your patience.

I drove it around last night and was like a kid in a candy store. I was making the little airplane glider with my hand. "REMEMBER THIS?"---Yes-we've all done it. Growing up and being in the back seat of the old family cruiser (1974 Ford Country Squire Station wagon with a 400 Big Block) Hell YEah.-Boz

Old 05-07-2007, 03:48 AM
bozzzz94
Senior User
Oh yeah, They aren't all in a perfect order. Your looking at the templete I used from the intial measurements. The sun roof lying on the van's top before the install, Front,side, top views. Shots of what the Sky Roof looks like by itself. The hole cut out of the roof. Basically diferent progress shots. When you see the interior ring I had to notch it out on two different spots where the guttering indention is. I kept all of my measurements and would be crystal clear on another one if I had to. These sun roofs cost over $500 dollars, but I found mine for $20. I lucked out, but the measurements on this one could be duplicated in my opinion easily. Going to sleep now. It was bugging me to get these up. -Boz

Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 AM
VanGo
Elder User
I'm not finding any pics posted in the Gallery.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good, congratualtions. Does it actually seal against water though? That would be my concern.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
bozzzz94
Senior User
VanGo-To view the pics. --click on my name.
--Drag down and click/View Gallery
--click on "Aero Sun Roof Install
--It will bring you to a large Pic.
--Drag down=just simply click on any view to make it bigger
(I had to go this route because of all the pics) Thanks

khantyranitar, "Raining, pouring the ol' man is snoring". YES, I can't lie to my brothers. I only just installed it yest. I was in a mode to just drive it. At 5 PM CDT I was getting ready to leave when it dawned on me that I hadn't properly sealed it. Okay so maybe I could just get by with a nice little bead of silicon around the inside. WHY NOT? I just installed and sandwiched the whole thing in and there doesn't appear to be any rain in the weather forcast! Well, lets just say that for every good idea there are bad ones. I'm not knocking my work, I was just in a hurry and did the minimal and got caught up with the "MAXIMAL" (is this a word?) Started to rain cats and dogs as I was pulling it out of the back yard. I noticed a couple of damn water leaks so I went back in and got bath towels. WOW, at that point it over came me that I had gotten bath towels and forgot the shampoo (a little humor). All that I have to do is unscrew the interior oval ring (20 small phillips screws) pull the ring down. Remove/lift out the sun roof from the top, put a bead down of rubber silicone (should have done in the first place), then repeat everything and I should be good. Yes for everything considered I don't think it was bad and I have learned along the way as well, but that is what all of this is about-RIGHT?-"ENTHUSIASTS?" Attention to detail and readjusting. Since I now know how to work my camera and post pics I am happy to field any and all questions (I sound like some high almighty smart *** with that one-sorry). Just having fun and enjoying my Aero. I still don't have a working radio (suspect bad antenna from the crash) and power windows (will be removing the motors next). Have a happy afternoon everyone. This is my last week of leave. Air Force boy remember?-Boz

Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
krankshaft
Elder User
Nice job I personally don't have the guts to cut through my roof .

Bolt on serves me just fine .