Sponsored by: DP Tuner

turn signal mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM
foxracer800
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turn signal mirrors

I am looking to upgrade my tow mirrors to the ones with the turn signals in them. I currently have manual adjusting mirrors without the defrost option. Does anyone know where to get these mirrors at. Also, if I get a set of power mirrors, would it be OK to adjust them maually, as I do not want power mirrors or the defrost option, just the added safety of the turn signals. Thanks guys!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
You can use power mirrors manually. I did for a while because I didn't have power mirrors from the factory, but I finally did the upgrade to have full power with turn signals and heat. I used a separate switch to turn the heat on and off.

Best place to get them is fleabay. I scored a set for $100 but ymmv.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
foxracer800
Senior User
Fleabay has a pair right now at 255, but that is a little too rich for me. I would like to find a better deal than that. Did you re-do your driver side door panal switches empirect so you could have power mirrors?

Old 05-02-2007, 04:17 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes. I had to dremel a spot for the power mirrors switch and a spot for the switch I use to turn the mirror heat on and off. You could also just buy a newer panel off fleabay as well. Like a 2000, cuz they change them a little later- i think 03 but not sure.

I debated the heat option, but am so glad I have it when I really need!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Realokie
New User
signal mirrors

Watch out buying older signal mirrors. I just bot a 98 Lariat with them and the silver on the back of the mirrors is all flakey. I can see, but cant see the signals flashing. Went to the junk yard and they called around and found none that would be considered good enuf for insurance replacement.

Does anyone know how to get the mirror out of the holder. Do they pop out or are they held in by screws? Does the front the the mirror unit "pop" out of the frame? It feels loose but sometimes I'm not "tender" enuf and have pulled things apart that aren't built to be pulled apart!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Realokie
Watch out buying older signal mirrors. I just bot a 98 Lariat with them and the silver on the back of the mirrors is all flakey. I can see, but cant see the signals flashing. Went to the junk yard and they called around and found none that would be considered good enuf for insurance replacement.

Does anyone know how to get the mirror out of the holder. Do they pop out or are they held in by screws? Does the front the the mirror unit "pop" out of the frame? It feels loose but sometimes I'm not "tender" enuf and have pulled things apart that aren't built to be pulled apart!
Just becareful of the ebay stuff... you can end up with a real flimsy set of mirrors off there. Just make sure they are OEM. I got mine for 550 off www.powerstrokeshop.com and have been happy since...

You don't have to hook up any adjustments...just the clearance lights and turn signals... Then adjust them to where you want them by manually adjusting the mirror with your hand...

This might help out what your are asking about...

http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/newmirrors.htm
http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000220.pdf