So confused!! Ahhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Homelessduck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So confused!! Ahhhh!

1975 F100.

Ok, so Ive posted a few threads about issues with my np203. It seems as if I get more confused as time goes on. I was told it was a full time T-case, but if its full time why do I have manual locking hubs? The shift pattern on the T-case **** seems to be the correct pattern, but the case doesnt shift that way. I was told that one bracket is for the T-case differntial, and the other is for hi and low. However, it seems one is for hi, and the other is for low.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, im positive its a 203 T-case. The truck was built by the previous owner, and the 4wheel drive linkage was not hooked up when I bought it. I tried to hook it up, realized it didnt fit, and ive had problems since then!

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

-Dallas

Old 04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The easy way to tell if your case is full time is to put it up on jack stands and try each and every combination. If your front axle spins no matter the combinatoin, then it's full time. If it only spins in certain combos, then it's part time.

You might try a bump switch(a momentary switch hooked up to the solenoid), so you can count drive shaft revolutions. That way you can get an idea of high v low.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just unlock the hubs and put iti n gear. If it is a full time case the truck will not go anywhere (provided the case is not in any "loc" positions)
With a center differential if the front wheels are unlocked at the hubs then the truck will just spin the front driveshaft and not go anywhere. If it can move, then it is a prt time unit.